- General Manager - Oxnard (CA) USA
- Trader Fruit - Rungis (France)
- Fruit & vegetables Export - Import manager
- Import-Export senior Sales Agents to Europe - Barcelona, Spain
- Teamleader Agronomist Vertical Farm - Poeldijk, The Netherlands
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- QA Officer Retail - Maasdijk
- Manager Seed Technology - Hann. Münden, Germany
Top 5 -yesterday
- Big merger in Dutch tomato industry annulled
- Blueberry oversupply hurts Australian farmers
- Price reduction in retail increases drug smuggling in bananas
- Government shutdown and the border wall - a South Texas perspective
- South Africa: late Orange River season reduces amount of grapes for Chinese New Year
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Almost 50% sales increase with new display island
The Mobile Presentation Island is a system which allows retailers to present fruit and vegetables in plastic, cardboard or wooden crates. It is compatible with all kinds of standard packaging. Customers are able to customise the system to fit their needs, they only need the frames, and then are flexible to change the cardboard bands at the bottom of the stand when there is a new marketing campaign or season. The island can also be taken apart and takes very little room for storage.
"The greatest benefit is that the customer is able to portray their message on a large area. When people are using the pooling crates, they often said that it was almost impossible to find a way to market their goods, which showed us that there was a need for something to suit this purpose. It is also quite economical because buying a new cardboard ring can be done for a little amount of money." shared Managing Director Franz Leisch.
The island is currently available all over Europe and testing has started with major retailers in Poland. The displays are currently present in the Benelux, Germany, Switzerland, Spain and distribution partner Cabka is distributing the Pack’nlog Mobile Presentation Island in the UK.
In France, retailers shared that sales for their organic fruits and vegetables increased by almost 50% when they started using the Mobile Presentation Island. Before that, organic products had been placed next to traditional and it was difficult for the customer to distinguish between the two. By giving organics their own area, it helps draw attention to the products and clearly marks them for consumers.
Along with marketing specific and seasonal produce, it is also a good way to present specific brands.
"Besides retailers like COOP in Germany, we have customers from the fruit and vegetable production side who would like to present their products in retail stores with their logo, brand and message for that particular time. It's built quickly and folds away compactly when not in use. We are going to continue development. It is has endless opportunities and there are various ways for the customers to set up their displays." said Leisch.
Pack'nlog continues to develop and has been also looking at markets outside of Europe such as South Africa, Canada and South America. The company will be presenting the system at the Food and Hospitality exhibition in Shanghai.
For more information:
Tel: +43 (0)732370480
Fax: +43 (0)732370482
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-01-15 Ghana: Some 27,000 farmers benefit from sustainable land and water management
- 2019-01-15 Kenyan exporters face new UAE regulations
- 2019-01-15 Russia abolishes import duties on fruit and vegetable imports from Moldova
- 2019-01-15 Syria starts shipping citrus fruits to Russia
- 2019-01-14 SanLucar promotes dual training in wholesale & foreign trade management
- 2019-01-11 Less copper for crop protection
- 2019-01-11 South Africa: Finance schemes announced to help expand fruit industry
- 2019-01-11 Bangladesh: Saline Farming building first training center for development of saline agriculture
- 2019-01-10 Communications and intelligence are the main principles guiding COLEACP
- 2019-01-10 Zespri System: the operating model that supports kiwi production
- 2019-01-10 Spain: Cooperatives more suited to start internationalization process
- 2019-01-10 UK farming industry urges MPs to take action to avoid no-deal Brexit
- 2019-01-10 Proposed US legislation targets imports from Mexico
- 2019-01-10 CABI updates International Soft Fruit Conference on fight against devastating invasive fruit fly
- 2019-01-10 Xinjiang reduces agricultural damage by modifying weather
- 2019-01-09 Jersey: Brexit threatens Channel Island’s supply of fresh produce
- 2019-01-09 Spain: Ministry of Finance getting companies ready for hard Brexit
- 2019-01-09 AU: Expanded labour options, but some new laws too
- 2019-01-08 EU: Agriculture Commission of EP analyses application of competition rules
- 2019-01-08 Communication strategies should be contextually relevant