- Orchard Programmes Regional Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Packaging Supervisor - Mumbai, India
- Farm Manager - Czech Republic
- Citrus Agronomist - Can Tho, Vietnam
- Fresh Produce Trader - Den Haag, Netherlands
- Sales manager Europe
- Sales Representative - Northern Lower Michigan, USA
- Sales Representative - Florida, USA
- Business Development Manager Grapes, Citrus and Mangoes - Maasdijk, The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Grower’s Assistant - Hawaii, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Almost 50% sales increase with new display island
The Mobile Presentation Island is a system which allows retailers to present fruit and vegetables in plastic, cardboard or wooden crates. It is compatible with all kinds of standard packaging. Customers are able to customise the system to fit their needs, they only need the frames, and then are flexible to change the cardboard bands at the bottom of the stand when there is a new marketing campaign or season. The island can also be taken apart and takes very little room for storage.
"The greatest benefit is that the customer is able to portray their message on a large area. When people are using the pooling crates, they often said that it was almost impossible to find a way to market their goods, which showed us that there was a need for something to suit this purpose. It is also quite economical because buying a new cardboard ring can be done for a little amount of money." shared Managing Director Franz Leisch.
The island is currently available all over Europe and testing has started with major retailers in Poland. The displays are currently present in the Benelux, Germany, Switzerland, Spain and distribution partner Cabka is distributing the Pack’nlog Mobile Presentation Island in the UK.
In France, retailers shared that sales for their organic fruits and vegetables increased by almost 50% when they started using the Mobile Presentation Island. Before that, organic products had been placed next to traditional and it was difficult for the customer to distinguish between the two. By giving organics their own area, it helps draw attention to the products and clearly marks them for consumers.
Along with marketing specific and seasonal produce, it is also a good way to present specific brands.
"Besides retailers like COOP in Germany, we have customers from the fruit and vegetable production side who would like to present their products in retail stores with their logo, brand and message for that particular time. It's built quickly and folds away compactly when not in use. We are going to continue development. It is has endless opportunities and there are various ways for the customers to set up their displays." said Leisch.
Pack'nlog continues to develop and has been also looking at markets outside of Europe such as South Africa, Canada and South America. The company will be presenting the system at the Food and Hospitality exhibition in Shanghai.
For more information:
Tel: +43 (0)732370480
Fax: +43 (0)732370482
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-02-22 Waitrose & Partners Foundation helps farming communities with expansion into Senegal and The Gambia
- 2019-02-21 Fiji farmers welcome Agriculture Minister's comments on boosting markets
- 2019-02-20 $400,000 to support Australian apple, pear and cherry growers reducing energy costs
- 2019-02-19 "Supermarkets will have to take a look at their margins and may no longer be able to dictate to the market"
- 2019-02-18 UK getting ready for horticultural trade after no-deal Brexit
- 2019-02-18 EU-Singapore Free Trade Agreement and Investment Protection Agreement approved
- 2019-02-18 No-Deal Brexit could cost grocery sector billions
- 2019-02-18 "Successful brand structure and promotion are key to market success"
- 2019-02-15 Peru will be able to export more easily to Mexico
- 2019-02-15 PACA violators restricted from operating in produce industry
- 2019-02-14 Costa Rica reaches an agreement with Mexico on avocado
- 2019-02-14 Chile: Bown takes up vice presidency of SHAFFE
- 2019-02-14 Agreement with Singapore set to give a boost to EU-Asia trade
- 2019-02-14 France sets limits to commercial promotions at points of sale
- 2019-02-14 Free Trade Agreement top of mind in EU meeting
- 2019-02-14 Brexit: 50,000 jobs at stake in France
- 2019-02-13 VegetablesWA responds to North Wanneroo Agriculture and Water Taskforce recommendations
- 2019-02-13 Marni Fruit warns of Polish fraudster pretending to be their agent
- 2019-02-13 The EC warns it is essential to be ready for a no-deal Brexit
- 2019-02-12 Moroccan Agriculture Minister tours Costa farm