- Junior buyer/ seller - Alicante, Spain
- Office and Sales Administrator - Alkmaar - Schagen, Nederland
- Greenhouse Plug Propagator - Dunnville (Ontario) Canada
- Head Grower new Tomato farm, Iowa USA
- Sales Manager
- Senior Grower Tomato, NSW Australia
- Grower Managers (5ha or 10ha) - Australia
- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
- Sales Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- "We expect about 8,000 boxes of Egyptian strawberries this season"
- “Our goal is to reduce food waste by extending shelf-life”
- New Colombian grower base expands year-round avocado offering
- Arunachal kiwi fruit growers try to take on New Zealand
- Organic avocado pricing becoming more accessible to consumers
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Iran gives boosts to Pakistani mango exports
This was stated by FPCCI Regional Standing Committee, Chairman Ahmad Jawad while talking to newsmen. He said good volumes were exported to Iran from the Punjab through Taftan and Mir Java boarders of Pak-Iran, and exporters from Multan and other parts of South Punjab sent quality shipments after the issuance of phytosanitaory certificate.
FPCCI Regional Standing Committee, Chairman Ahmad Jawad.
"We had a detailed meeting with Iranian Ambassador and his team last week, and were told that Pakistani horticulture products are in great demand and that barriers could be removed. We also requested that Iranian embassy work with the government so that Pakistani Kinnow and potatoes would be allowed in the upcoming season which will be started from December 1st." said Jawad.
Similarly, in the ongoing season, major volumes have been exported so far to the Middle East and Iran, while EU markets remain slow if we compare with other markets. Pakistan mangos are being sold in Dubai at the price of 28 to 29 dhiram per 8 kg box.
Jawad also appreciated the role of Department of Plant Protection (DPP) and the way they facilitated mango exporters.
However, he admitted that the mango exports were still low, as around 8% of the total production were exported to different parts of the country, which needs to be further enhanced and urged the government to take pragmatic steps to enhance exports of Pakistani mangoes.
“A major hurdle to the expansion of Pakistani mango market is the inability to supply high-quality mangoes in a consistent manner, by meeting demands of supermarket chains." he added.
Jawad also suggested that mango growers and the provincial government should jointly work for further improvement to fix loopholes including poor orchard management and post-harvest issues.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-11-14 "Anytime is Avotime!"
- 2019-11-14 With a kaki harvest like this, the opening of new markets is clearly necessary
- 2019-11-13 South Africa: New and sweeter dragon fruit cultivars
- 2019-11-13 "Plans to export Australian mangoes to China not yet affected by bushfires"
- 2019-11-13 Malaysia: 770 hectares under pineapple in inter-cropping project
- 2019-11-13 Avocado prices lowest in almost three years
- 2019-11-13 The US revives Peruvian pineapple exports
- 2019-11-13 Fresh mangoes from Malawi arrive on Indian markets this winter
- 2019-11-13 New South Wales avocado farmer fears fire could ruin crop
- 2019-11-12 Greenskin exports from Israel at approximately 208,000 cartons
- 2019-11-12 Asian paddy farmers urged to opt for crop diversification
- 2019-11-12 This season marks a big contrast between South American mango growing countries
- 2019-11-11 Mango import program from Australia expands
- 2019-11-11 "We are about to sell the first Panama pineapples in China"
- 2019-11-11 Peru plans to export more than 200,000 tons of mango in 2019-2020 campaign
- 2019-11-08 Rising consumer demand pushes yumberry market
- 2019-11-08 Mega mango found in Northern Territory
- 2019-11-08 Alcampo Spain develops 100% local assortment of Canary tropical fruits
- 2019-11-07 Mahi Pono’s papaya crop planted on Maui
- 2019-11-07 Potential for kiwifruit exports from New Zealand in US