- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
South Africa: Navel export taking shape
Navels however, are available as harvest started 2-3 weeks ago and demand is good. Gary Britz from Ele Trading said they were starting to get a bit of cold weather which is very important for colour development.
"There are lots going into Canada, UK and the EU where the demand is good and the Middle East is still good prior to Ramadan.
Some people have already started Valencias, but the big volumes will start in around 2-3 weeks and prices are pretty much the same in comparison to last year but the exchange rate is giving a slight advantage to the growers and exporters.
Spain and Turkey finished their citrus seasons early leaving a clear European market but according to Gary the consumer is not prepared to pay more for a Navel or Valencia, they would rather leave it and buy something else so prices will be around the same as last year.
Valencias from the North East of the county are sizing up nicely, there are a lot of 48's, 56's and 64's, fruit from the Western Cape is a bit smaller.
Rain is still short in the country, there has been some but they are still in a drought situation and while temperatures are coming down, they should be lower at this time of the year and more rain is still needed.
For more information:
Tel: +27 21 976 0604
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Spain: Disastrous citrus campaign in Murcia
- 2018-12-14 Turkey: Bumper citrus harvest in Cukurova
- 2018-12-14 Peru: "We only offer organic limes"
- 2018-12-14 New UF/IFAS citrus trial data available soon
- 2018-12-14 Egypt: Orange exports continuing to expand
- 2018-12-13 China: Will Shatang oranges avoid the unmarketable condition of Nanfeng tangerines?
- 2018-12-13 "Jaffa Orri is the best mandarin in the world"
- 2018-12-13 Finger lime: Looks and pops like caviar, tastes like lime
- 2018-12-13 China: Booming citrus industry lifts Guangxi villagers out of poverty
- 2018-12-13 “Rational regulation of shipments help Egypt's oranges in China's market”
- 2018-12-13 South Africa asks EU to relax controls on its citrus exports
- 2018-12-13 Spain: Government to support processing of citrus into juice to tackle price crisis
- 2018-12-12 Cambodia: Koh Trong cultivation of pomelos expanding
- 2018-12-12 Sicilian approach: Sustainability, authenticity and short supply chain
- 2018-12-12 Florida citrus crop shows untypical stability
- 2018-12-11 Micro-climate in Northern California makes for unique mandarin-growing area
- 2018-12-11 Spain: Citrus exports to non-EU countries down by 14%
- 2018-12-11 Spain: Union of Unions convenes meeting to address citrus crisis situation
- 2018-12-11 Grenada’s agriculture sector to tackle Citrus Greening
- 2018-12-11 Morocco expects record citrus yields in 2018-2019