- Lead Engineer (Horticultural Systems)
- Head Grower - Kenya
- Environmental Officer - Home based
- Commercial Manager - Fresh Produce, Kenya
- Assistant Growers - Australia
- Grower Managers and Senior Growers - Australia
- Sales Manager Europe - Mont-Ras (Girona), ES
- Global Sales Manager - Negotiable location
- Manager / director vegetable processing Russia
- Sales Manager - AIS Greenworks, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- California cherry crop devastated by storms
- Former Chiquita manager wants to start a revolution on the banana market
- NZ: Southern Hemisphere's largest fruit sorting machine provides a major post-harvest boost
- "Hungarian government's destruction of Dutch onions was disgraceful"
- “Now that the haskap berry is registered, we get more requests for export”
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Steady growth for papaya in Norway
Video from Bama showing consumers how to prepare papaya.
Just as with mangoes and avocados, Norwegian consumers prefer to buy papayas ready-to-eat.
Most papayas are sourced from Brazil, but some supplies also come from Ecuador by air. Transport by boat has proven difficult because the fruit often does not ripen properly and often arrived with stem rot and other quality issues which affects the flavour. The papaya has also proven difficult to ripen in Europe.
"Air transport has helped to bring a better developed papaya to Norway. These usually arrive tree-ripened and full of taste. Also, offering the big Formosa papayas in addition to the smaller ones has significantly contributed to market growth." shared Annelie Ohlsson, Product Manger for exotic fruit at BAMA.
According to Ohlsson, the current prices are fair and they have not experienced any major quality issues.
"It is important to raise the consumers’ awareness about such a healthy product. Papayas are packed with nutrients and contain several health benefits." concluded Ohlsson.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-05-22 Bangladesh: Litchi growers unhappy with price drops
- 2019-05-22 Sri Lanka: Nestlé Coconut Plan benefits 1,000 more rural families
- 2019-05-22 Australian Mango Conference photo report
- 2019-05-21 Thailand opens up to Peru’s Hass avocados
- 2019-05-21 Cambodian longans export plan well under way
- 2019-05-21 Indian cooperative applies for GI tag
- 2019-05-21 Farmers want Kenya-China avocado trade deal reviewed
- 2019-05-20 Costa Rica’s agro sector in trouble
- 2019-05-20 Benin to increase pineapple production from 400,000 to 600,000 tonnes by 2021
- 2019-05-20 National Mango Board 2019 industry outreach meetings
- 2019-05-20 Vietnam: Mangoes still being exported to US
- 2019-05-17 Kenya: Exporting avocados with ease
- 2019-05-17 Vietnam wants to take on US avocado market
- 2019-05-17 Can northern Australia's mango industry handle a changing climate?
- 2019-05-16 Oaxaca is having a successful mango export season to the US
- 2019-05-15 Bangladesh: Rajshahi lychees available
- 2019-05-15 Indian mango exports hit by Jet Airways crisis
- 2019-05-15 California man caught with 730 stolen avocados
- 2019-05-15 Panama given green light for export of pineapples to China
- 2019-05-15 India: 1,686 south Gujarat mango growers seek compensation for poor yield