- Junior buyer/ seller - Alicante, Spain
- Office and Sales Administrator - Alkmaar - Schagen, Nederland
- Greenhouse Plug Propagator - Dunnville (Ontario) Canada
- Head Grower new Tomato farm, Iowa USA
- Sales Manager
- Senior Grower Tomato, NSW Australia
- Grower Managers (5ha or 10ha) - Australia
- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
- Sales Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Package with avocados in different ripening stages launched
- Unrest in Chile affects cherry export to China
- Blueberries see stronger availability for 2019-2020 imports
- Hars & Hagebauer is looking for agents/producers in South Africa
- "It is everyone’s responsibility to accurately show how many hectares have been planted and where to forecast the future volumes"
Top 5 -last month
Steady growth for papaya in Norway
Video from Bama showing consumers how to prepare papaya.
Just as with mangoes and avocados, Norwegian consumers prefer to buy papayas ready-to-eat.
Most papayas are sourced from Brazil, but some supplies also come from Ecuador by air. Transport by boat has proven difficult because the fruit often does not ripen properly and often arrived with stem rot and other quality issues which affects the flavour. The papaya has also proven difficult to ripen in Europe.
"Air transport has helped to bring a better developed papaya to Norway. These usually arrive tree-ripened and full of taste. Also, offering the big Formosa papayas in addition to the smaller ones has significantly contributed to market growth." shared Annelie Ohlsson, Product Manger for exotic fruit at BAMA.
According to Ohlsson, the current prices are fair and they have not experienced any major quality issues.
"It is important to raise the consumers’ awareness about such a healthy product. Papayas are packed with nutrients and contain several health benefits." concluded Ohlsson.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-11-15 Guangzhou successfully exports fresh persimmon to Canada for the first time
- 2019-11-15 Launch in Spain of a powerful kaki promotional campaign
- 2019-11-15 The different ways retailers educate consumers on avocado ripeness
- 2019-11-15 Philippine growers will highlight coconut products at German 2020 BioFach fair
- 2019-11-15 Australian Lady Jane mangoes to hit stores next week
- 2019-11-15 Average persimmon prices in Italy
- 2019-11-14 "Anytime is Avotime!"
- 2019-11-14 With a kaki harvest like this, the opening of new markets is clearly necessary
- 2019-11-13 South Africa: New and sweeter dragon fruit cultivars
- 2019-11-13 "Plans to export Australian mangoes to China not yet affected by bushfires"
- 2019-11-13 Malaysia: 770 hectares under pineapple in inter-cropping project
- 2019-11-13 Avocado prices lowest in almost three years
- 2019-11-13 The US revives Peruvian pineapple exports
- 2019-11-13 Fresh mangoes from Malawi arrive on Indian markets this winter
- 2019-11-13 New South Wales avocado farmer fears fire could ruin crop
- 2019-11-12 Greenskin exports from Israel at approximately 208,000 cartons
- 2019-11-12 Asian paddy farmers urged to opt for crop diversification
- 2019-11-12 This season marks a big contrast between South American mango growing countries
- 2019-11-11 Mango import program from Australia expands
- 2019-11-11 "We are about to sell the first Panama pineapples in China"