- Environmental Officer - Home based
- Commercial Manager - Fresh Produce, Kenya
- Assistant Growers - Australia
- Grower Managers and Senior Growers - Australia
- Sales Manager Europe - Mont-Ras (Girona), ES
- Global Sales Manager - Negotiable location
- Manager / director vegetable processing Russia
- Sales Manager - AIS Greenworks, Australia
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Regional Quality Assurance (QA) Manager Fresh - Antwerp, Belgium
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Driven by currency devaluation and high Chinese prices:
Domestic garlic in high demand in Ukraine
Ukrainian garlic company Patriot expects to harvest around 300 tonnes of fresh garlic this season which is a 30% increase compared to last year's harvest. According to Natalia Sudarkina from Patriot, almost all of this volume has been reserved for Ukrainian supermarkets.
With the devaluation of the national currency and an increase in Chinese prices, domestically grown garlic is in high demand. Unfortunately, Ukrainian growers are not yet able to supply the demand from the market and 70% of garlic supplies will still need to be exported from China, around 4-5 thousand tonnes per year.
"I believe that the garlic market in the Ukraine shows a lot of promise. This is why we have decided to increase our growing area and are currently in talks with a potential investor for the construction of a large warehouse for 1000tonnes with refrigeration and processing." said Natalia.
The company also received good news this week with the signed agreement with the Canadian Government, UHBDP and the Mennonite Economic Development Associates of Canada (MEDA). With this agreement, Patriot will receive a targeted financing fund.
"This is a new and very important step in our development, this has allowed us to acquire modern equipment and better techniques for garlic cultivation." concludes Natalia.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-05-20 Tariffs good for American garlic
- 2019-05-20 Peru: The price of avocados exported to Asia will increase by up to 20%
- 2019-05-20 Lychees from Kunming enter the Chinese market
- 2019-05-20 Chinese customs office detains 3,000 containers of durian
- 2019-05-20 Chinese lychee price continues to soar
- 2019-05-20 Spain: Kumquat and passion fruit, an alternative to traditional citrus
- 2019-05-20 Peruvian pomegranate exports yield positive results
- 2019-05-17 Peru: Pomegranates represent an important export niche for Europe
- 2019-05-17 Peruvian avocado exports to China increase by 62%
- 2019-05-16 Florida growers see increased demand for Indian okra
- 2019-05-16 Argentina to export yellow kiwis to Europe for the first time
- 2019-05-15 The smell of a durian causes an emergency evacuation in Australia
- 2019-05-15 El Salvador exports Hass avocados to Spain
- 2019-05-15 "Chinese dragon fruit price shows upward trend"
- 2019-05-14 Avocado prices in Mexico increase by 35%
- 2019-05-14 Trops expands in Portugal with 1,500 hectares of avocados
- 2019-05-14 Malaysian durian reach important turning point in export to Chinese market
- 2019-05-14 Connecting the world with avocados
- 2019-05-13 "Intensive cultivation would increase the yields of Spanish avocado"
- 2019-05-13 Research on avocado flower pollination carried out in Malaga