- Environmental Officer - Home based
- Commercial Manager - Fresh Produce, Kenya
- Assistant Growers - Australia
- Grower Managers and Senior Growers - Australia
- Sales Manager Europe - Mont-Ras (Girona), ES
- Global Sales Manager - Negotiable location
- Manager / director vegetable processing Russia
- Sales Manager - AIS Greenworks, Australia
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Regional Quality Assurance (QA) Manager Fresh - Antwerp, Belgium
Top 5 -yesterday
- California cherry crop devastated by storms
- Former Chiquita manager wants to start a revolution on the banana market
- NZ: Southern Hemisphere's largest fruit sorting machine provides a major post-harvest boost
- "Hungarian government's destruction of Dutch onions was disgraceful"
- Lifting of Mexican tariffs welcome relief to US apple growers
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
China: Avocado prices doubled within two weeks
Although avocado is commonly seen in a lot of high end fruit shops, the big demand still comes from the restaurants and catering industry. According to the insiders, avocado is widely used in making salad, sushi and fruit drinks.
Contrary to this market popularity, nobody was interested in this fruit dating back to 2 years ago. This year, its sales are very promising. Two weeks ago, its price range was between 200-250 Yuan per case, but now it has risen to over 380 Yuan per case due to its limited market supply during this low season.
Speaking of loquat, who are about to come out of the market soon, their price also remains at a high level. Especially loquat, whose price increased from 14 or 16 Yuan per kilo last year to 30 Yuan per kilo this year. It is estimated that the price will not go down much as the cold wave resulted in the low yields of spring season fruits.
Source: Xiamen Evening News
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-05-21 Thailand opens up to Peru’s Hass avocados
- 2019-05-21 Cambodian longans export plan well under way
- 2019-05-21 Indian cooperative applies for GI tag
- 2019-05-21 Farmers want Kenya-China avocado trade deal reviewed
- 2019-05-20 Costa Rica’s agro sector in trouble
- 2019-05-20 National Mango Board 2019 industry outreach meetings
- 2019-05-20 Vietnam: Mangoes still being exported to US
- 2019-05-20 Benin to increase pineapple production from 400,000 to 600,000 tonnes by 2021
- 2019-05-17 Kenya: Exporting avocados with ease
- 2019-05-17 Vietnam wants to take on US avocado market
- 2019-05-17 Can northern Australia's mango industry handle a changing climate?
- 2019-05-16 Oaxaca is having a successful mango export season to the US
- 2019-05-15 Panama given green light for export of pineapples to China
- 2019-05-15 Bangladesh: Rajshahi lychees available
- 2019-05-15 Indian mango exports hit by Jet Airways crisis
- 2019-05-15 California man caught with 730 stolen avocados
- 2019-05-15 India: 1,686 south Gujarat mango growers seek compensation for poor yield
- 2019-05-15 China's lychee exports get a boost
- 2019-05-14 "Tainong mangoes sell well in Chinese market, especially in the second half of the season"
- 2019-05-14 Cuba sends its first shipments of fresh mangoes to Europe