- Senior Grower - Two Wells, Australia
- Field Service Technicians - Chile, South Africa, UK, USA, and New Zealand
- Operations Manager young plant production farm - East Africa
- International Account Manager - Export
- Head Grower (location UAE)
- Head Grower medical cannabis
- Processing & Quality Management Director - Made, The Netherlands or Sderot/Brurim, Israel
- Aankomend Int. Export Manager jonge groenteplanten
- Director of Hydroponic Production - Madrid, Spain
- Non-Executive Directors
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Kenyan investor dumps oil shares worth $800,000 in exchange for avocados
- Young Philippine scientist claims diabetes cure could be found in aratiles
- "The avocado sector is about to undergo radical changes"
- “The collapse of Jet Airways really caused logistical issues for us”
- Frost damage may cause up to 85% reduction in Polish apple harvest
US: Continued growth for fingerling potato segment
"We are always striving to increase our quality first and foremost, but then also our production. We continually grow every year. We are trying a couple different fingerling varieties this season as we continue to see growth in the fingerling potato segment. We've increased acreage, including organic. We expect to produce the high-quality potatoes and onions our consumers rely upon this season." said Amber Strohauer, who is in charge of Business Development.
The company currently operates out of Colorado, New Mexico, Texas and Oklahoma. The southern states allow the growing season to begin a few weeks prior to the season in Colorado. This year's growing season is expected to began in mid-March with harvest starting in mid-July.
"We have early varieties in both the fingerlings and russets, which allow us to plant early, as well as late varieties that allow us to plant and harvest them later in the season.
Banana fingerlings are still the frontrunner when it comes to what consumers purchase most frequently in this category. Although, Megan said that purple varieties are becoming more and more popular each year, especially this past season.
"Many nutritional thought leaders, such as Dr. Oz, continue to push the antioxidant power of purple potatoes. The color also attracts a leading segment of buyers who seek to create interesting, flavorful and nutritious meals." said Megan.
Strohauer supplies markets across the nation, but as more consumers demand more local products from their grocery stores, they are increasingly servicing that demand in Colorado, New Mexico, Texas and Oklahoma.
"Organic purchases continue to increase each year. While consumers may not buy all organic, they may purchase a few organic items each shopping trip. More and more grocery stores are now offering organic produce to their customers."
Along with potatoes, the company also grows onions, with a focus on specialty varieties, which are all available in organic. They grow pearls, boilers, cipollinis and shallots alongside the traditional white, gold and red "mainstay" organic onions.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (970) 284-6526
Fax: +1 (970) 284-5011
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-06-24 Bad weather did not affect Selenella potatoes
- 2019-06-24 Continued research on sweet potato genome
- 2019-06-24 Met Eireann issues potato blight warning
- 2019-06-21 'New potatoes are in demand, brisk demand for winter onions'
- 2019-06-21 China: Onion prices unlikely to increase significantly
- 2019-06-20 Northwest potato crop continues to move at an even pace
- 2019-06-20 "Stable prices for Dutch new potatoes, those with set peels only available from July"
- 2019-06-20 Ireland: Potato consumption remains high due to the weather
- 2019-06-20 Barbados: All local onions on the market
- 2019-06-20 "This week, most days demand for onions exceeds supply”
- 2019-06-20 Short video of Gills Onions/Rio Farms red onion harvest in Bakersfield
- 2019-06-19 Sri Lankan Minister Harrison: “Local onions first, then imports”
- 2019-06-19 US potato industry want USMCA agreement to pass immediately
- 2019-06-19 Changing weather conditions increases risk of potato blight
- 2019-06-18 Kenyan potato farmers in five counties to access certified planting material
- 2019-06-18 India: High rates but low outputs means no big gains for onion farmers at this time
- 2019-06-18 Europatat 2019 – focusing on innovation and sustainability
- 2019-06-18 Upper Austria: New potatoes are late this year
- 2019-06-18 Belgian researchers & Peruvian farmers join forces around ‘tunta’ potatoes
- 2019-06-18 Kenya: Potato prices rising amid shortages in Nakuru county