- Sales Manager International
- Senior Glasshouse Grower - Warragul, Australia
- Country Manager - Morocco
- China Sales Representative
- Asia Sales Representative
- Category Supply Manager - Sydney or Brisbane (Australia)
- Cultivation specialist Floriculture
- Technical Sales Specialist - Canada
- Crop Supervisor - Australia
- Senior Business development- / Sales Manager - The Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Tight avo market but Fuertes from Tzaneen will start picking up
- Coronavirus no direct threat for Fruit Logistica Berlin
- Chinese exports and imports feel the impact of coronavirus
- "Congestion in reefer containers will remain on the world market for months to come"
- Banzzai citrus fruit breaks into the markets
US: Continued growth for fingerling potato segment
"We are always striving to increase our quality first and foremost, but then also our production. We continually grow every year. We are trying a couple different fingerling varieties this season as we continue to see growth in the fingerling potato segment. We've increased acreage, including organic. We expect to produce the high-quality potatoes and onions our consumers rely upon this season." said Amber Strohauer, who is in charge of Business Development.
The company currently operates out of Colorado, New Mexico, Texas and Oklahoma. The southern states allow the growing season to begin a few weeks prior to the season in Colorado. This year's growing season is expected to began in mid-March with harvest starting in mid-July.
"We have early varieties in both the fingerlings and russets, which allow us to plant early, as well as late varieties that allow us to plant and harvest them later in the season.
Banana fingerlings are still the frontrunner when it comes to what consumers purchase most frequently in this category. Although, Megan said that purple varieties are becoming more and more popular each year, especially this past season.
"Many nutritional thought leaders, such as Dr. Oz, continue to push the antioxidant power of purple potatoes. The color also attracts a leading segment of buyers who seek to create interesting, flavorful and nutritious meals." said Megan.
Strohauer supplies markets across the nation, but as more consumers demand more local products from their grocery stores, they are increasingly servicing that demand in Colorado, New Mexico, Texas and Oklahoma.
"Organic purchases continue to increase each year. While consumers may not buy all organic, they may purchase a few organic items each shopping trip. More and more grocery stores are now offering organic produce to their customers."
Along with potatoes, the company also grows onions, with a focus on specialty varieties, which are all available in organic. They grow pearls, boilers, cipollinis and shallots alongside the traditional white, gold and red "mainstay" organic onions.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (970) 284-6526
Fax: +1 (970) 284-5011
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-02-28 Export restrictions might strangle Turkish onion and potato growers
- 2020-02-28 Potato Industry 2020 to be held in Moscow, next June
- 2020-02-28 Bangladesh Spices Research Centre develops succesfull onion variety
- 2020-02-28 Potatoes wrapping up early in Skagit County
- 2020-02-28 Indian government lifts ban on onion exports
- 2020-02-28 Successful potato dollar and volume sales at US retail
- 2020-02-28 Potato season has an early start in Majorca
- 2020-02-27 Oregon: "All colors and sizes are moving, with yellows leading the pack"
- 2020-02-27 Poor weather conditions halt early planting across Ireland
- 2020-02-26 "European potato sector is facing a major challenge"
- 2020-02-26 Dutch import onion season about to begin
- 2020-02-26 Screening for resistance against blue mold in garlic accessions
- 2020-02-26 U.S. potato & apple leaders urge Senate to act on labor crisis
- 2020-02-26 Chinese onion farmers worry about overseas sales difficulties
- 2020-02-26 China is opening market to US chipping potatoes
- 2020-02-26 Good export figures for French potatoes
- 2020-02-25 StPOPA, the gene against potato late blight
- 2020-02-25 Ongoing research helps identify the best Maine potatoes
- 2020-02-25 India: Maharashtra unwilling to touch imported onions due to decline in prices
- 2020-02-25 Sri Lanka - Maximum retail price of Rs190 on imported big onions