- Laboratory Project Manager - Almeria, Spain
- Junior buyer/ seller - Alicante, Spain
- Office and Sales Administrator - Alkmaar - Schagen, Nederland
- Greenhouse Plug Propagator - Dunnville (Ontario) Canada
- Head Grower new Tomato farm, Iowa USA
- Sales Manager
- Senior Grower Tomato, NSW Australia
- Grower Managers (5ha or 10ha) - Australia
- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US apple imports to India to drop by 50%
Last year, India imported 5.5 million boxes, of 20 kg each, of Washington apples and this year, the figure will be in the region of 2.7 million boxes, said Todd Fryhover, president of the Washington Apple Commission.
He also attributed the decline to high exchange rate and denial of entry through Indian ports for four months.
“The current season is challenging for us due to low yield. We are not exporting as much as we did last year. We are in India to build long-term relationships and achieve larger volumes.” said Fryhover.
The U.S produced 2.8 billion kg of Washington apples during August 2015-July 2016 and is expected to end the current season with 2.3 billion kg. About two-thirds are consumed locally and the rest exported to over 60 countries, including India.
Mexico imports 15 million boxes of apples per year, followed by Canada with seven million.
Mr. Fryhover has been in India for the last two weeks, visiting about 60 traders and importers in different cities to help explain the low yield.
"India ranks among the top five importing countries. Last year, it was ranked third and this year it will go to the fourth place. We hope the ranking will improve during the next season,” he said.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-11-18 Latest list of countries with permission to export fresh fruit to China (2019-11-13)
- 2019-11-15 Chinese chef’s fruit carvings go viral
- 2019-11-14 "Apple production area in New Zealand is continuing to expand"
- 2019-11-13 Coca Cola to complete $1.7 bn investment in India’s ‘Fruit Circular Economy’
- 2019-11-13 Fruit Growers Victoria calls for water reform overhaul
- 2019-11-12 South Korea - Area for new fruit trees decreasing drastically year on year
- 2019-11-12 Afghan farmers see high fruit yield, but profits remain low
- 2019-11-11 South African fruit production forecast to fully rebound from drought
- 2019-11-08 Promising season ahead for Washington’s Envy™ crop
- 2019-11-08 Bangladesh fruit production is booming
- 2019-11-08 Minimizing post-harvest food losses
- 2019-11-08 Colombian market opens to Polish apples
- 2019-11-08 Ukrainian fruit and berry exports up by 10% in first nine months of 2019
- 2019-11-08 "The Rojo Brillante persimmon is ideal for organic production"
- 2019-11-08 Mexican apple production expected to recover from last year's weather damage
- 2019-11-07 Forecast: Decline in Canadian apple production as a result of adverse weather
- 2019-11-06 Europe's apple slump is an opportunity for US growers
- 2019-11-06 Peruvian grape, blueberry and mango exports all set to increase
- 2019-11-06 Antifungal effect of starch–gellan edible coatings with thyme essential oil
- 2019-11-05 Rwandan growers profit from strawberry farming