- Product Manager - United States
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager
- Aweta Sales Director Italy and Spain
- Junior Account Manager - Central Europe
- Post-Harvest Quality Manager - Avocado
- Senior Technical Lead - Beamsville (ON) Canada
- General Manager - Buswa, Uganda
- Head Grower - Jordan (ON) Canada
- KAM DE/AT/IT/BE/NL - Valencia, Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
KWS to focus on hybrid potato breeding
KWS sells seed potato business to Stet Holland
The KWS Group’s seed potato business is steered by its subsidiary KWS POTATO B.V., which is based in Emmeloord, the Netherlands. Varieties and potato breeding material dedicated to French fries, crisps and table potatoes for traditional export markets are to be sold to Stet Holland BV, a Dutch company also based in Emmeloord.
“The future owner Stet Holland is positioned for a successful continuation of our conventional potato business while KWS will fully focus its efforts in potato utilizing its resources and know-how as a breeder to develop hybrid varieties,” noted Peter Hofmann, member of the Executive Board of KWS SAAT SE. “Hybrid breeding in potato and multiplication via seed instead of tubers is an entirely new but highly promising approach that has considerable advantages compared to conventional breeding. We have been working in this innovative field since 2011 and have achieved significant progress in the meantime.” Hofmann added.
Peter Ton, General Manager of Stet Holland commented on the acquisition, “KWS’ seed potato business is an excellent fit for Stet as the markets for the current KWS and Stet varieties are very complementary to each other. Taking over KWS’ variety portfolio, seed potato production, and sales channels will enable us to create synergies and gain presence in key markets and specific processing segments. KWS’ varieties, breeding material and expert employees, combined with a good customer base, will help us to strengthen Stet’s position in the seed potato market.”
Both parties have agreed not to disclose the financial terms of this transaction.
KWS will continue its hybrid potato breeding activities under the roof of KWS POTATO B.V. The breeding station in Emmeloord, the Netherlands, is an important part of KWS’ global research network and offers excellent conditions for these activities.
For more information:
Stet Holland BV
Tel: +31 527 630 063
KWS POTATO B.V.
Tel: +31 527 248 069
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-09-20 Construction work starts on new Rijk Zwaan Trial Center
- 2021-09-20 Who grows better: farmers or algorithms?
- 2021-09-20 Bayer commits to increasing global fruit and vegetable consumption
- 2021-09-20 Save Foods establishes presence in Turkey as it looks to expand in Europe
- 2021-09-20 Marks & Spencer Food to close 11 out of 20 stores in France
- 2021-09-20 PMA Australia-New Zealand welcomes new Chair
- 2021-09-20 Filiera Verde looks to the future
- 2021-09-17 Agrobridges, the European project that aims to create a direct bridge between farmers and consumers
- 2021-09-17 Bill Gates invests €600 million in online supermarket
- 2021-09-17 A.P. Møller - Mærsk sees strong results, driven by continuation of exceptional market situation
- 2021-09-17 Air France KLM Martinair Cargo welcomes Total Touch Cargo to its sustainable aviation fuel program
- 2021-09-17 Hapag-Lloyd inaugurates its own representation in Morocco
- 2021-09-17 Dutch customs brokerage firm grows to 24 employees within a year
- 2021-09-16 General Manager of United Potato Growers of Canada to retire
- 2021-09-16 "Our branding represents an evolution to a plant-based, consumer products company"
- 2021-09-16 Mucci Farms expands West and starts exclusive marketing agreement
- 2021-09-16 All facilities of SiCar Farms Mexico now use Save Foods products
- 2021-09-16 AHEIA announces new CEO
- 2021-09-16 REWE switches REWE Bio + vegan to climate neutral
- 2021-09-16 Calavo Growers appoints Amazon executive Mariela Matute as CFO