- Sales/Marketing Professional - Europe
- Looking for an opportunity in India
- Procurement & Sales Manager, Potato Division - Lobinstown, Co. Meath, Ireland
- European regional agent and new sales manager
- Head Grower - Owatonna (Minnesota) USA
- Teeltspecialist (Proeftuin & Veredeling) - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Netherlands
- Farm Manager - Riana, Tasmania, Australia
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Indian scientists discover new eggplant disease
It is said that the virus was transmitted by cotton whitefly (Bemisia tabaci). It was found on two acres of eggplant (brinjal), which was about 50 days old. The incident level was around 20 to 30 per cent and the disease is spreading rapidly despite the farmers taking up spraying insecticides regularly.
J. Draviam, Senior Scientist and Head, Kirishi Vigyan Kendra, Karur, said the whitefly, which is a sap-sucking insect, might have spread the virus in the region. There was a possibility of noticing the disease in neighbouring Tiruchi district too. The disease would paralyse the plants, thus wiping out any yield.
He said the plants would have shunted growth. The new leaves would be greatly reduced in size and wrinkled. The leaves would curl downward. Flowers might appear and they would fall before fruit was set.
L. Sornamanickam, Assistant Director of Horticulture, Karur said that information about the disease had been communicated to all field-level officials. Farmers had been advised to destroy the plants, if they were affected.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-04-08 Washington state's asparagus harvest to start mid-April
- 2020-04-08 Rising night time temperatures causing asparagus to sprout
- 2020-04-08 The tomato supply is steady and without price changes
- 2020-04-08 “This is what we call hands-free cultivation"
- 2020-04-08 The story of the Sweet bite: 20 years of baby point peppers
- 2020-04-08 Imported ginger: “It’s been difficult keeping up with demand”
- 2020-04-07 Belle Glade sweet corn season comes in strong
- 2020-04-07 Chinese market price of spinach is rising
- 2020-04-07 "Farmers doing the trade of their lifetime in the farm shops"
- 2020-04-07 Pakistan vegetables exports: 71.8% increase in 8 months
- 2020-04-07 “The new garlic harvest in Europe will depend on labor”
- 2020-04-07 Taste this new Dutch tomato virtually
- 2020-04-07 75% fall of activity in Granada's asparagus campaign
- 2020-04-06 "Chinese ginger is in high demand"
- 2020-04-06 Iranian annual vegetable production reaches 30 million tons
- 2020-04-06 Chinese pepper price shows significant fluctuations
- 2020-04-06 “From €2 to €13 for a tray of asparagus within a week”
- 2020-04-06 "Luxurious home meals offer great scope for mushrooms"
- 2020-04-06 Russia: Orenburg region increases potato and vegetable production
- 2020-04-06 A list of vegetables that can be bought in this period without speculation