- Looking for an opportunity in India
- Procurement & Sales Manager, Potato Division - Lobinstown, Co. Meath, Ireland
- European regional agent and new sales manager
- Head Grower - Owatonna (Minnesota) USA
- Teeltspecialist (Proeftuin & Veredeling) - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Netherlands
- Farm Manager - Riana, Tasmania, Australia
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Farm manager / Senior grower seeking for his next role
Top 5 -yesterday
- "It will no longer be necessary to import blueberries from outside Europe"
- The berry market takes a hit during the coronavirus pandemic
- “I feel imported fruits are not a necessity for the Indian consumers”
- “It is too early to determine how shopping patterns will unfold”
- Onion market: “We’re in unforeseen territory”
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Philippines: Growers urged to bag mangoes
Dalisay Moya, officer-in-charge of the Office of the Provincial Agriculture Office, said that considering that control measures against cecid fly are still unavailable at present, bagging is the only method that can be used to protect the mangoes from the destructive pest and ensure the export-quality of the fruit.
Unprotected mango fruits that managed to survive from cecid fly are just consigned for the local market as they are rejected in the foreign market, missing their chance to earn more.
Moya said that cecid fly does not only affect Pangasinan, but has also spread into other parts of the Philippines and is quickly becoming a menace to the entire mango industry.
San Carlos City remains as the biggest producer of mangoes in Pangasinan but there are now also big mango plantations in Sta. Barbara, Calasiao, Bayambang, Malasiqui as well as in Villasis, Infanta, Dasol, Anda, Bolinao, Bani, San Nicolas, and others.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-04-03 The International Pineapple Organization to hold first virtual conference
- 2020-04-03 US and European pineapple orders drop by 50%
- 2020-04-03 Progress on efforts to open the Colombian market to Peru's Hass avocado
- 2020-04-03 Call-out to Australian avocado lovers to keep smashing them
- 2020-04-02 Thailand recognizes that sanitary standards remain vital for fruit exports
- 2020-04-02 Vietnamese mango industry resumes export activities
- 2020-04-02 Australian research on pineapple flowering could transform industry
- 2020-04-01 Week 13 sees 593,000 cartons of Greenskin and Hass avocados exported by Israel
- 2020-04-01 Jackfruit becoming a trendy food
- 2020-03-31 Chinese demand for Indonesian mangosteen recovers
- 2020-03-31 Malaysia cashes in on Chinese demand for durians
- 2020-03-31 Philippines: Durian sales to drop by 40%
- 2020-03-30 Mexican avocado exports to Canada break records
- 2020-03-27 “Rambutan demand in the US is on the rise”
- 2020-03-26 "Global mango trade struggles as countries around the world close their borders"
- 2020-03-26 "Chinese market conditions for imported pineapples and oranges are weak"
- 2020-03-26 Jalisco avocado producers look to shorten transit times to Europe
- 2020-03-26 Hi-Pro introduces new, virus-resitant papaya
- 2020-03-26 Shepard Avocados start promo push
- 2020-03-25 Durian season has arrived in Pattaya, Thailand