- Environmental Officer - Home based
- Commercial Manager - Fresh Produce, Kenya
- Assistant Growers - Australia
- Grower Managers and Senior Growers - Australia
- Sales Manager Europe - Mont-Ras (Girona), ES
- Global Sales Manager - Negotiable location
- Manager / director vegetable processing Russia
- Sales Manager - AIS Greenworks, Australia
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Regional Quality Assurance (QA) Manager Fresh - Antwerp, Belgium
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Indonesia fruit exports face challenges
Indonesia is a major market for Chinese exports of apples and pears, and fresh pear exports accounted for 23% of fruits exported to Indonesian, while apple accounted for 7%. However, according to the No. 4 regulations published by the Indonesian Ministry of Agriculture in 2015, strict entry barriers and complex entry procedures are established for fresh products with plant origins that are imported to Indonesia.
As the provision involves fruit such as apples and pears, some experts indicated that the implementation of the new regulations in Indonesia intensifies the declining situation of pear and apple prices in China, which worsens the current performance of apples and pears in the market.
Currently No.80 Hebei pear medium quality export has dropped 13% compared with the same period of last year, or a 49% decrease as the year on year comparison. As for Fuji apples, their export volume has decreased 10% compared with the same period of last year, or 58% decrease in the year on year comparison.
It is reported that more than 60% of the market of certain Hebei fruit export companies are from Indonesia, and without any doubt, the implantation of this regulation will worsen the current pear and apple export of these companies.
Source: International Commerce Daily
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-05-20 Chinese statistics bureau says high fruit prices will not last
- 2019-05-20 Polish fruit growers want an end to Russian fruit embargo
- 2019-05-20 China: Consumers shocked by 78 percent fruit price hike
- 2019-05-17 Summerfruit NZ has big growth plans
- 2019-05-15 Australian researchers trying to fix ugly fruit
- 2019-05-08 Argentinian fruit exports fall to alarming levels
- 2019-05-06 China: Fruit imports exceed exports for the first time
- 2019-05-06 Crisis of fruit sector in Spanish region of Aragon
- 2019-05-03 German apples reach the Taiwanese market for the first time
- 2019-04-30 Israel: Cold weather before Pesach hurt summer fruits
- 2019-04-29 India: Fruit Box & Co delivers fresh fruit to your doorstep
- 2019-04-25 Argentina: Fruit producers from Entre Rios, Rio Negro, and Neuquen protest
- 2019-04-24 Danish fruit growers dealing with surpluses
- 2019-04-24 China: "Keeping cost of fruit imports low by direct investment in overseas plantations"
- 2019-04-24 "Southeast Asian market offers opportunities to Chinese fruit"
- 2019-04-23 China: Average price of fruit in Shenzhen expected to rise in April
- 2019-04-23 Fiji imports $21.4 million of fresh fruit annually
- 2019-04-15 Spain: "It didn't go well for winter fruit but stone fruit is eagerly awaited"
- 2019-04-08 Turkish cherries will soon be harvested
- 2019-04-08 Spain: Fruits in Bierzo not affected by the low temperatures