- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
- Innovation Director - De Lier, Netherlands
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Account Manager Fleuristes France - Hollande du Nord
- Account Manager Benelux Team - Midden-Nederland
- Assistant Breeder - Moerstraten, Netherlands
- Inkoper retail - Aalsmeer
- Chief Executive Officer - Tropical North Queensland (Tully) Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Heavy weather to hit Alicante, Valencia en Murcia
- Will the harvest forecasts change after the storms in Spain?
- Australian farmer convicted of importing garlic illegally
- "Citrus from South Africa selling better than grapes at online wholesale website"
- T&G sells its 5.8 ha Mt Wellington site in preparation for company growth
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL BLUEBERRY MARKET
- Will Asia Fruit Logistica take place in September? Trade show organization offers participants option in December
- South Africa: Port activities halted again due to violence against truckers
- Avocado market expected to tighten in coming weeks
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL BERRY MARKET
Vietnam looks to trade with Africa
This was the consensus among development experts, policy specialists, government officials, and business executives from Africa and Vietnam who attended a workshop last Friday on enhancing South-South Co-operation between African countries and the Mekong region.
Their evolving economies and expertise allow for exchange of advanced knowledge, but a common language to facilitate communication is first needed, they pointed out.
Speaking about co-operation between Vietnam and West African Economic and Monetary Union (UEMOA) and Economic Community of Central African States (CEMAC) in agriculture and agricultural exports, Vo Tan Thanh, director of Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry's HCM City chapter, said the two areas have huge demand for rice, cashew, vegetables and technologies used in their farming.
Vietnam has factories producing machines for post-harvest processing, he said.
Fogue Fidele Kouduahou, general director of WAKA Corporation, said since UEMOA member countries do not have the know-how to develop their food processing industry, enhancing co-operation with Vietnam is vital.
According to the Ministry of Industry and Trade, Vietnam's trade with UEMOA member countries increased five-fold between 2007 and 2014 to US$854 million.
With CEMAC members it increased 4.6 times to US$340.8 million (S$481.5 million).
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-09-13 Trump claims he would consider interim trade deal with China
- 2019-09-13 South African government to publish criteria for redistribution of land
- 2019-09-13 NZ farmers get behind farm environment plans
- 2019-09-13 Jordanian growers disappointed as Iraq agreements bring no relief
- 2019-09-13 ‘Fruit and vegetables will be scarce and costly under no-deal Brexit’
- 2019-09-13 South Africa experienced 47 farm murders this financial year
- 2019-09-12 "Fruit and vegetable companies entering the block chain - beware of retailers using you as marketing puppets"
- 2019-09-12 “Chinese yuan could hit 7.3 per dollar by end of the year”
- 2019-09-12 NZ labour scheme vital part of fruit industry
- 2019-09-12 Flights to open new markets for Australia’s South West
- 2019-09-12 Azerbaijan to open new logistics center in Russia
- 2019-09-12 Philippines Customs seizes P53M of smuggled agri-goods
- 2019-09-12 UK initials Economic Partnership Agreement with South Africa and Mozambique
- 2019-09-12 Water deficits and apple productivity in Australia
- 2019-09-12 USDA seeks comments from growers on Food Purchase and Distribution Program
- 2019-09-12 Secret Brexit papers on No-deal chaos published
- 2019-09-12 “Certainty needed for growers as Home Office clarifies immigration policy”
- 2019-09-11 Morocco and Switzerland Sign MoU on Road and Rail Transport Cooperation
- 2019-09-11 More money for fresh fruit and veg in schools this year in Bulgaria
- 2019-09-11 Joint US-Mexican truck inspections to speed up agricultural trade