- Looking for reinforcement?
- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
- Innovation Director - De Lier, Netherlands
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Account Manager Fleuristes France - Hollande du Nord
- Account Manager Benelux Team - Midden-Nederland
- Assistant Breeder - Moerstraten, Netherlands
- Inkoper retail - Aalsmeer
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL BLUEBERRY MARKET
- Will Asia Fruit Logistica take place in September? Trade show organization offers participants option in December
- South Africa: Port activities halted again due to violence against truckers
- Avocado market expected to tighten in coming weeks
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL BERRY MARKET
US: High demand for pecan truffles
Brenneman has said "Right now the main limitation for truffles is lack of consistent availability" as they're underground therefore, hard to find. "We're doing research on producing truffles more consistently by inoculating trees with the fungus, and then, when you plant the trees, it may take a while, but they will eventually start growing truffles on their roots."
Using search dogs is the latest trend in finding truffles. Truffle dogs have made it easier for farmers to market truffles and net a profitable venture.
There is high demand for truffles, especially from chefs, but there are only a few people marketing truffles and not a large supply.
While European truffles are one of the worlds most expensive foods which can cost thousands of dollars for a pound, Brenneman said one pound of truffles grown in Georgia can sell from only $200 to $300.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-09-13 The Netherlands receives 50% of the Hass avocado exported from Colombia
- 2019-09-13 Turkish exporters make big profits from Bursa Black figs - producers complain
- 2019-09-12 "Not all Spanish pomegranates are the same"
- 2019-09-12 South Africa’s only (official) plantain importer
- 2019-09-12 “Demand for Turkish pomegranates is high”
- 2019-09-11 Star fruit growers in Florida expecting better season
- 2019-09-11 "Longan from Thailand fetches good prices in China"
- 2019-09-11 Turkish pomegranates from the southeast are now patented
- 2019-09-11 New orchards of Boerica green kiwifruit
- 2019-09-11 “US consumers complain about new tariffs on Chinese goods”
- 2019-09-11 Two new species of ginger discovered in Nagaland
- 2019-09-10 "It's becoming a regular tropical fruit offering in North America"
- 2019-09-10 Italian pomegranate campaign about to start
- 2019-09-10 The cultivation of dragon fruit is consolidated in the province of Malaga
- 2019-09-10 Japan authorizes Hass avocado exports from Colombia
- 2019-09-10 "Exotics more popular as promotional items on fruit and vegetable shelves"
- 2019-09-10 Acreage down but good supplies for domestic pomegranates
- 2019-09-10 "If the Californian season ends early, we can enter a clean market"
- 2019-09-10 More than 8000 kiwifruits consumed in one day at Anchor AIMS Games
- 2019-09-10 Prison sentence for illegally importing garlic into Tasmania