- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
- Maintenance Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Sales Development Executive - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Japanese food traders target more exports to Thailand
Last year, Japan's exports of food and farm products reached 610.7 billion yen.
Koichi Takano, director of the agriculture, forestry, fisheries and food division at the Japan External Trade Organisation (Jetro), said Thailand was a high-potential market because many Thais liked Japanese foods, while the country is a centre of Asean, which means many visitors come here.
Thailand is Japan's six-largest food importer, with imports last year worth 248 billion yen, up by 1.1 per cent from 2013. In the first half of this year, Japanese food imports by Thailand increased considerably, by 4.9 per cent year on year.
Most Japanese food companies are small and medium-sized enterprises.
Takashi Kato, assistant manager of Bangkok Food System, an exporter of Thai vegetables to Japan and importer of Japanese food to the Thai market, said the company had exported Thai vegetables to Japan for more than 30 years.
It foresees imports of Japanese foods to Thailand increasing, due not only to demand from Thais themselves but to the rising number of Japanese residents in this country.
Haruhiko Sunakawa of Okayama Fruits Company wants to export Muscat grapes to Thailand, along with other fruits such as peaches and strawberries.
He is now looking for distributors or modern trade outlets to buy such products.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-12-05 'Pears lost overall importance as citrus took centre stage'
- 2019-12-05 “100% of our products sent via plane”
- 2019-12-05 Pakistani minister blames suspension of trade with India for high food prices
- 2019-12-05 Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government increases fruit & vegetable imports from Afghanistan
- 2019-12-05 “High demand for Belgian strawberries and pears, disappointing winter veggie trade”
- 2019-12-05 Bumper vegetable yield in Cumilla makes growers happy
- 2019-12-05 China is the largest importer of Ukrainian agro-food products
- 2019-12-04 Uzbekistan discusses increase of fruit and vegetable exports
- 2019-12-04 2019 Australian macadamia crop reaches 43,500 tonnes in-shell
- 2019-12-04 Mexico says tariffs will drive up tomato prices in US
- 2019-12-02 Nuts, frozen berries and apples among Ukraine’s most important export products
- 2019-12-02 Iran: Duties to for tomato exports as of December 22
- 2019-12-02 The EU and China agree on the recognition of 100 mutual PGIs and PDOs
- 2019-12-02 Production costs cannot be higher than sales prices
- 2019-12-02 'Native apples of the Elstar, Jonagold and Boskoop varieties dominated'
- 2019-11-29 Fruit and vegetable imports from North African countries having impact on the European sector
- 2019-11-29 Tajikistan's fruit and vegetable import declines
- 2019-11-28 Larger assortment of fruit and veg in Norwegian stores stimulates more unhealthy consumers
- 2019-11-28 "There have been delays for some crops, but there are no serious effects of the weather."
- 2019-11-28 Goa mining belt: Indian farmers are returning to the fields