- Business Development Manager - Italy
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Key accounter - BNL, Germany, France, UK
- General Manager | Fresh Produce | Holland
- Blueberry Farm Manager - Abbotsleigh, Australia
- Greenhouse Technician UNH, Durham, NH, USA
- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Senior Grower - Two Wells, Australia
- Field Service Technicians - Chile, South Africa, UK, USA, and New Zealand
- Operations Manager young plant production farm - East Africa
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
First Vietnamese mangoes to Japan set to ship
When the first consignment is sent on September 17, it will become the second fresh fruit to be exported by Vietnam to that country after dragon fruit that has been shipped since 2009.
According to the ministry's Plant Protection Department, it took five years for the department to meet all Japanese requirement and set up a disease-control process.
Each shipment of mangoes must first undergo a hot steam treatment process.
There are five vapour heat treatment facilities in Vietnam, four of them approved by Japan.
The export of mango to Japan is a significant achievement for Vietnam, Thoi bao kinh te Saigon (Saigon Times) quoted Hoang Trung, deputy head of the department, as saying.
The Cat Chu variety of mango accounted for more than 70 per cent of the national production, he said.
The ministry, at a meeting last month with Japan's Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Vietnam, also called for opening up the Japanese market to red-fleshed dragon fruit and fresh litchi from Vietnam.
Trung said mangoes would also be exported to Australia in addition to the litchi and longan that are already shipped. Rambutan would be exported to New Zealand, he added.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-06-26 Taiwan: Irwin mangoes highly sought after
- 2019-06-26 Experts talk about Odisha pineapple's potential
- 2019-06-26 Vietnamese dragon fruit: Planned cooperation with New Zealand operators
- 2019-06-26 Indians ready to pay more for this particular mango
- 2019-06-26 Bangladesh: Purple passion fruit grows in Naogaon
- 2019-06-26 Australian market faces ‘tsunami of avocados’ in coming years
- 2019-06-25 End of mango season sees Indian prices rise
- 2019-06-25 Pakistani mangoes arrive in UAE, some weeks late
- 2019-06-25 “Don’t be too hasty in boycotting durians sold by weight”
- 2019-06-25 Hass Avocado Board discusses Q1 avocado sales highlights
- 2019-06-24 Thieves rob up to 50% of mangoes in Sinaloa, Mexico
- 2019-06-24 Dry Matter readings in 12 seconds: live demonstration of Avocado Quality Meter
- 2019-06-24 Cambodia to start mango exports to South Korea in October
- 2019-06-24 Aburi GEPA to supply 13.3 million pineapple plants to farmers for 2019
- 2019-06-21 New Zealand’s problem with increasing avocado theft
- 2019-06-20 Mexico: Sinaloa expects a 20% increase in mango production
- 2019-06-20 "We've been working on importing mangos from Jamaica since 2014"
- 2019-06-20 Vietnam: Province of Son La exports more mangoes to UK
- 2019-06-20 Jamaica: 60,000 acres of former sugar-cane lands destined for other crops
- 2019-06-20 Rwanda looks to advance local products at first China-Africa trade expo