- Processing & Quality Management Director - Made, The Netherlands or Sderot/Brurim, Israel
- Aankomend Int. Export Manager jonge groenteplanten
- Director of Hydroponic Production - Madrid, Spain
- Non-Executive Directors
- Horticultural Sales Manager - Fruit Industry, Europe
- Sales Representative - New South Wales (Australia)
- Business Development Coordinator - New Zealand
- Greenhouse Production Manager - Heho (Shan State) Myanmar
- Account Manager Benelux
- Inkoop Specialist AGF - Bleiswijk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Vietnam: Trade deficit with China increases
The situation is not new however. The recently released figure predicts 2015 will result in a year-on-year increase of 29 per cent. The $28.9 billion deficit in 2014 was 21.8 per cent larger than that of 2013.
Independent economic expert Nguyen Tri Hieu, who holds a PhD in business management, told Vietnam News that the deficit in trade with China has existed for many years and keeps growing.
Vietnam has increasingly imported from China over recent years, rising from $28.78 billion in 2012 to $43.86 billion in 2014. The ministry forecasts that the figure could reach $35 billion this year.
The country's total import turnover from China so far this year is $32.7 billion, which is 29.8 per cent of the country's total imports, reported Nguyen Tien Vy, head of the ministry's Department of Planning.
Vietnam's main imports from China are machinery, equipment, steel and fertiliser and exports crude oil, telephones and parts, rubber, rice, fruit, vegetables, seafood, minerals and raw materials.
"Meanwhile, the devaluation of China's yuan has created more difficulties for Vietnamese exporters as Vietnamese products become more expensive in China's market," he said.
It should also be noted that a decline of China's economy led to a decrease in China's import demand from other countries, which included Vietnam, he said
Click here to read more at vietnamnews.vn.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-06-14 Increased engagement at renewed United Fresh Show
- 2019-06-14 More fruits and vegetables from third countries in the EU
- 2019-06-14 'Deliveries of German strawberries noticeably extended'
- 2019-06-14 Mercabarna expects 9% increase in fruit sales
- 2019-06-14 Prices for winter veggies cool down in New Zealand
- 2019-06-13 EEC recommends boosting trade of fruit and berries in member states
- 2019-06-13 Supply nosediving - vegetable prices soar in Mysuru
- 2019-06-13 Exceptional Belgian cabbage prices: old white and red cabbage 2 euro per head
- 2019-06-13 Satisfactory year for fennel from Metaponto
- 2019-06-12 US: Study detects big differences in produce shelf life
- 2019-06-12 Water shortages and heat are hiking prices of Indian vegetables
- 2019-06-12 Zimbabwe government to set up horticulture department
- 2019-06-12 “Fruit season above average for producers”
- 2019-06-12 Peru's non-traditional exports increase by 7.6%
- 2019-06-12 Balance sheets for Slovenian agricultural products 2018
- 2019-06-12 "The sector's disorganization prevents better prices in Almeria"
- 2019-06-12 "More varied diets, but not very sustainable"
- 2019-06-11 Parts of India: Heat wave causes vegetable prices to rise 40% in one week
- 2019-06-11 Egyptian export opportunities to Italy exceeded €8 mln in first five months 2019
- 2019-06-11 California produce volumes growing