- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
- Innovation Director - De Lier, Netherlands
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Account Manager Fleuristes France - Hollande du Nord
- Account Manager Benelux Team - Midden-Nederland
- Assistant Breeder - Moerstraten, Netherlands
- Inkoper retail - Aalsmeer
- Chief Executive Officer - Tropical North Queensland (Tully) Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Heavy weather to hit Alicante, Valencia en Murcia
- Will the harvest forecasts change after the storms in Spain?
- Australian farmer convicted of importing garlic illegally
- "Citrus from South Africa selling better than grapes at online wholesale website"
- T&G sells its 5.8 ha Mt Wellington site in preparation for company growth
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL BLUEBERRY MARKET
- Will Asia Fruit Logistica take place in September? Trade show organization offers participants option in December
- South Africa: Port activities halted again due to violence against truckers
- Avocado market expected to tighten in coming weeks
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL BERRY MARKET
Nigeria: Cashew export contributes USD$251m
The association’s spokesman, Mr Sotonye Anga, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos that the sub-sector hitherto, contributed about N24 billion in 2013 and 2014.
Anga said the significant growth was because farmers did not compromise on the quality of cashew nuts resulting in increased demand for the produce.
“For 2015, because of the significant growth in pricing and increased demand for Nigeria’s cashew, what the cashew sector contributed to the Nigerian economy is about N50 billion. That is an improvement in the export of raw cashew. Whereas in 2013 and 2014, the sub-sector contributed about 24 billion. This year, having made the N50 billion mark, the global expectation for the next season is going to increase. This figure could be more but because of export through our porous borders we could not account for those ones,’’ he said.
NAN reports that the price of raw cashew nut per metric ton also recorded an increase, selling at N170, 000 during the 2015 season.
The spokesman said that with the increase, farmers were ready to comply with high degree quality control procedure.
He told NAN that buyers from India, Brazil, Vietnam and others were rest assured to have the best of cashew nut come next season.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-09-12 Oregon hazelnut growers respond to increasing consumption
- 2019-09-12 US growers want coconuts off the FDA list of major allergens
- 2019-09-10 Updates on the Italian nut season
- 2019-09-10 Great feedback for almond cultivation event in Spain
- 2019-09-10 Date harvest begins in the Mexican state of Sonora
- 2019-09-10 Indian traders forced to import more walnuts from US & Chile
- 2019-09-09 Saudi Arabia: Date exports climb 27% in six months
- 2019-09-06 Red date season in China starting with stable spot market transactions
- 2019-09-05 Kern County CA is world leader in almond production
- 2019-09-04 “Our goal is to be the first stop for Medjoul dates”
- 2019-09-04 California date grower receives glyphosate-free certification
- 2019-09-04 Walnut production area in Ukraine forecast to reach 18,900 ha
- 2019-09-04 "US food makers in race to develop hazelnut products"
- 2019-08-30 “The Barhi date from Jordan is now available in France”
- 2019-08-29 China: This year's chestnut production is smaller than expected
- 2019-08-29 Turkish Sultana raisin exports exceeded 500 million USD
- 2019-08-29 Strong demand for US almonds, hail damages tomato crop and new top apple
- 2019-08-22 Australia: Select Harvests processing big almond crop
- 2019-08-22 Palestine’s Medjool date markets experiencing 20% growth every year
- 2019-08-20 Consumer interest in Medjool dates increasing