- Looking for reinforcement?
- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
- Innovation Director - De Lier, Netherlands
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Account Manager Fleuristes France - Hollande du Nord
- Account Manager Benelux Team - Midden-Nederland
- Assistant Breeder - Moerstraten, Netherlands
- Inkoper retail - Aalsmeer
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL BLUEBERRY MARKET
- Will Asia Fruit Logistica take place in September? Trade show organization offers participants option in December
- South Africa: Port activities halted again due to violence against truckers
- Avocado market expected to tighten in coming weeks
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL BERRY MARKET
Peru: Record Hass avocado shipments to China
Peru’s Minister of Agriculture and Irrigation, Juan Manuel Benites, announced that Peru will begin sending Hass avocados to China this month and expects the new market to be worth about US$ 50 million annually, reports Gestion.
Adding US% 50 million represents an 18% increase in annual exports with the new market of China alone. The Minister expects that the new market would allow 1.4 billion potential consumers access to the South American country’s Hass avocado.
This comes as news after Minister Benites informed that the signing of the Phytosanitary Protocol Requirements with China had been completed. This decision was officially signed in May and permits Peruvian Hass avocados to enter China starting this month, according to Gestion.
With this kind of momentum running, Peru is looking for more markets.
“We expect to continue opening markets for the Hass avocado, such as: Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, the Philippines, Honduras, Malasia, Vietnam, Thailand, India, Australia, New Zealand,” said Minister Benites according to Gestion.
Last year, Peru increased its exports by 16% of Hass avocados, compared to 2013. The most productive regions included La Libertad, Lima and Ica who increased avocado production by 31%, 11%, and 14% respectively.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-09-13 Fire crystal persimmons popular with consumers in China
- 2019-09-13 Mexican mangoes from Sonora have good performance and quality
- 2019-09-13 Ghana estimates: $2.8bn revenue from coconut industry
- 2019-09-13 Giant avocados are coming to Ireland
- 2019-09-12 Persimmon volumes drop by 30% compared to last year
- 2019-09-12 "Spain must conform to the Asian criteria"
- 2019-09-12 Proposal to request a PGI for Andalusian subtropical crops
- 2019-09-12 US mango imports show a steady increase year over year
- 2019-09-11 Two men fined $10,000 each for stealing avocados
- 2019-09-11 Malaysia's largest solar farm opens in Kedah
- 2019-09-11 Mangosteen from Thailand clears Taiwan import hurdles
- 2019-09-11 More Chilean Hass avocados reaching EU
- 2019-09-11 Cambodian Ministry: Mangoes next in line for China export
- 2019-09-10 "Fresh and pre-cut durian enjoys a steadily growing demand"
- 2019-09-10 Turks help Guinean farmers boost pineapple production
- 2019-09-10 Indonesia: Fruit irradiation for shelf life extension
- 2019-09-10 Vietnamese Longan Day held in Melbourne
- 2019-09-10 KFC China now has durian chicken nuggets on the menu
- 2019-09-09 “The Osteen mango from Spain more and more popular on the French market”
- 2019-09-09 Keitt mango harvest in the Mexican state of Sonora begins