- Cultivation specialist Floriculture
- Technical Sales Specialist - Canada
- Crop Supervisor - Australia
- Senior Business development- / Sales Manager - The Netherlands
- Global VP of Sales & Marketing
- Product Manager - Europe
- Product Manager, Horticulture - De Lier, the Netherlands
- Chief Executive Officer - Tropical North Queensland (Tully) Australia
- Head Grower in USA
- Commercial Manager | Cut Flowers - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Coronavirus creates demand for New Zealand organic apples
- Tight avo market but Fuertes from Tzaneen will start picking up
- Chinese exports and imports feel the impact of coronavirus
- Avocado's water consumption is proportional to its nutritional value
- Saturated citrus market causes falling prices in US
Top 5 -last month
Vegetable prices soar in Oman
While some traders attribute the surge to decline in local production others say problems in vegetable exporting countries like Syria Jordan and India have contributed to the rise
Bottle gourd which was earlier available for around 275bz per kg in city markets costs nearly 600bz while carrots that were around 400bz cost 650bz per kg.
A wholesaler at Mawaleh Central Market said that extreme summer condition has hampered local production. 'We usually import vegetables from Syria and Jordan to meet the shortfall. The continued unrest in Syria and shortage in Jordan has contributed to the price rise.' Another wholesaler Shahhid Kath who supplies vegetables and fruits to supermarkets said 'There is a shortage of Indian onions. Heavy rains in several parts of India have damaged the onion crop.'
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-02-21 Pest infestation threatens German kale cultivation
- 2020-02-21 "High prices and substantial shortages on ginger market"
- 2020-02-21 Lack of weather issues mean plenty of kale
- 2020-02-21 Chicago-area tomato grower completes expansion
- 2020-02-21 ToBRFV in France: the tomato sector is taking action
- 2020-02-20 Delocalization is the alternative to aggregation
- 2020-02-20 World’s first ‘climate positive’ gin produced from peas
- 2020-02-20 "We will get the Violetti on Dutch shelves"
- 2020-02-20 "Supply and demand well balanced this chicory season"
- 2020-02-20 Increased costs hamper California's mushroom farms
- 2020-02-20 Harvest vegetables fresh on site
- 2020-02-20 Brazilian ginger grows market share as low-volume Chinese season is expected
- 2020-02-19 No consequences for the Italian fresh product market from the coronavirus
- 2020-02-19 Vegetable prices in Beijing fall after surge
- 2020-02-19 "Demand for white and red cabbage is shrinking, broccoli is growing fast"
- 2020-02-19 Turkey produces twice as much pepper as Spain, 7 times more than the Netherlands, and 10 times more than Morocco
- 2020-02-19 "Organic vegetable and carrrot supplies expected to run through April"
- 2020-02-19 2019 US vegetable production down 3 percent from 2018
- 2020-02-19 Demand for Spanish garlic skyrocketing due to coronavirus crisis in China
- 2020-02-19 Fresh microgreens, off the wall and onto your plate