- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
- Innovation Director - De Lier, Netherlands
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Account Manager Fleuristes France - Hollande du Nord
- Account Manager Benelux Team - Midden-Nederland
- Assistant Breeder - Moerstraten, Netherlands
- Inkoper retail - Aalsmeer
- Chief Executive Officer - Tropical North Queensland (Tully) Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Heavy weather to hit Alicante, Valencia en Murcia
- Will the harvest forecasts change after the storms in Spain?
- Australian farmer convicted of importing garlic illegally
- "Citrus from South Africa selling better than grapes at online wholesale website"
- T&G sells its 5.8 ha Mt Wellington site in preparation for company growth
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL BLUEBERRY MARKET
- Will Asia Fruit Logistica take place in September? Trade show organization offers participants option in December
- South Africa: Port activities halted again due to violence against truckers
- Avocado market expected to tighten in coming weeks
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL BERRY MARKET
Rains reduce Indian grape exports by 26.47%
The district exported 49,443 metric tonnes of grapes by April-end in the current grape season, against 67,244 metric tonnes exported in 2014.
Speaking to TOI, Jagannath Khapare, president, Grape Exporters' Association of India (GEAI), said, "Close to 80% of the total grape exports of the state comes from the district. We were expecting a good grape season this year, but unseasonal rain and hailstorms badly hit the vineyards, affecting the quality and production of the grapes. This led to a decline in the export."
As per the statistics from the agriculture department of the state government, the district exported 49,443 metric tonnes of grapes by April-end in the current grape season, including 20,325.277 metric tonnes (mt) to Netherlands, 8,495.322 mt to UK, 4261.62 mt to Germany, 825.1 mt to Denmark, 149.5 mt to Norway, 690.34 mt to Finland, 677.34 mt to Sweden, 323.6 mt to Lithuania, 433.5 mt to Ireland, 372.43 mt to Belgium, 166.8 mt to Italy, 195.4 mt to Switzerland, 61.36 mt to Estonia, 91.91 mt to Latvia, 54.24 mt to Spain, 36.5 mt to Austria, 51.216 mt to Bahrain, 62.976 mt to Belarus, 715.703 mt to China, 192.638 mt to Dubai, 79.576 mt to Hong Kong, 8,527.871 mt to Russia and 1067.560 mt to Saudi Arabia.
This grape season, the areas under plantation for export purposes has increased by 23.68% to 17,191.86 hectares, against 13,900 hectares during the previous grape season (2014). Accordingly, the agriculture department had projected the grape export target of 75,000 mt for the 2015 grape season, but unseasonal rain and hailstorms led to decline in export.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-09-13 Bangladesh: Fruit imports are soaring
- 2019-09-12 Fruit growers in Spanish region of Navarre unhappy about prices
- 2019-09-10 Washington's Sweetie apple has started shipping this week
- 2019-09-10 Fresh fruit is one of the top US food exports to Hong Kong
- 2019-09-06 "Our fruit is now a gift in plastic packaging or a container"
- 2019-09-06 Romanian fruit trade - January to April 2019
- 2019-09-05 Turkish cherry, grape and pomegranate exporters join forces to set new records
- 2019-09-05 Argentina: Pyrethroid resistance mutation in Cydia pomonella
- 2019-09-05 Turkish apples are exported all over the world
- 2019-09-04 Australian fruit farms feel the heat in northern Victoria
- 2019-09-04 Fruit trade shortage in Flanders at 530 million, double that of 2016
- 2019-09-02 How will Chinese fruit wholesale market prices fare in the rest of 2019?
- 2019-08-30 There is still room for Spanish fruit in the Chinese market
- 2019-08-29 “Still good demand for summer fruit in Belgium; increased demand for grapes”
- 2019-08-28 Better Polish apple season expected; trade expansion efforts must continue
- 2019-08-27 China: Prices of fruits in Shandong market remain high
- 2019-08-26 Canadian fruit sector keeps close eye on EU fruit export decision
- 2019-08-21 US farm exports find new market in Vietnam
- 2019-08-21 Drug cartels still favour fruit shipments for their illicit cargo
- 2019-08-21 US: Fruit fly threatening Brentwood crops