- Managing Director - Holland
- Farm Manager - Abu Dhabi
- Farm Manager greenhouse vegetable production – Vietnam
- COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
- Sales Representative - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Vietnam: Drought causes farmers to halt cultivation
Director of the Irrigation Construction Company in Ninh Thuan Province Pham Van Huong said the volume of water in 20 reservoirs across the province was about 17 million cubic metres, accounting for nine per cent of their total capacity.
Deputy Chief of the People's Committee Nguyen Ngoc Son said the province had never suffered a hard drought like this in the past 10 years.
The province has not received any rain over the past few months, Son said.
Suoi Hanh, the largest reservoir of Cam Ranh City, is lying empty.
Thousands of hectares of mango trees are in danger due to the water shortage.
About 3,000ha of agricultural land in Phu Yen province cannot be cultivated because of prolonged drought.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-12-13 Vietnam’s modern retail food sector continues to evolve in 2019
- 2019-12-13 Samurai wasp solution identified for destructive fruit bug in Switzerland
- 2019-12-13 USMCA will be major issue for Florida blueberry growers
- 2019-12-13 Trump signs off on tentative China trade deal agreement
- 2019-12-12 Survey shows how brands can stand out from private labels to consumers
- 2019-12-12 Date palm listed by UNESCO
- 2019-12-12 Brexit: Free trade deals will not offset UK leaving the EU
- 2019-12-12 Truck spills grapefruit on turnpike ramp Orange County, California
- 2019-12-11 Oregon State University researchers to pit parasitic wasp against fruit fly
- 2019-12-11 UK ports preparing to host EU customs checks
- 2019-12-11 South Africa: new fruit fly trap and bait, very effective against Oriental fruit fly
- 2019-12-10 Stuck to the wall, tomato and bell pepper suddenly became very expensive
- 2019-12-10 Local distributor helping ATV Farms after a devastating fire
- 2019-12-10 Australia: New drought declarations across eight Queensland regions
- 2019-12-10 Namibia will expropriate white-owned farms with ‘fair compensation’
- 2019-12-09 Travelling the longest possible train route in the world
- 2019-12-09 Rwandan officals stress importance of cooperation with China on Juncao technology
- 2019-12-09 How do tomato plants end up on the shores of the Dijle?
- 2019-12-06 Watermelon spill causes traffic chaos
- 2019-12-06 Reserve Bank of India raises inflation projection on spike in vegetable prices