- Business Development Manager - Italy
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Key accounter - BNL, Germany, France, UK
- General Manager | Fresh Produce | Holland
- Blueberry Farm Manager - Abbotsleigh, Australia
- Greenhouse Technician UNH, Durham, NH, USA
- Senior Grower - Two Wells, Australia
- Field Service Technicians - Chile, South Africa, UK, USA, and New Zealand
- Operations Manager young plant production farm - East Africa
- International Account Manager - Export
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Kenya may lose EU for peas, beans
The European Union mission in Kenya confirmed that in the past month, interceptions were made of peas and beans exceeding the maximum residue levels (MRLs). This means that the chemical levels, mainly of pesticides, found in the two export products did not fall within the European legal limit.
“There have been new interceptions of products exceeding the MRLs over the past months. It is my hope stakeholders will see the urgency of the situation and take corrective action before it is too late,” said Christophe De Vroey, the trade and communication counsellor at the EU mission in Kenya.
The EU has come up with a list of commodities, based on the risk they pose to human health and the environment, that are subjected to strict official controls at the trade bloc’s points of entry. Unshelled peas and beans make that list.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-06-26 Extremadura's tomato campaign to start on 25 July
- 2019-06-26 54% of the lettuce consumed in the EU is Spanish
- 2019-06-26 China: Fresh corn prices expected to drop further
- 2019-06-26 Chinese broccoli suffers from low prices
- 2019-06-26 China: Will garlic prices skyrocket again?
- 2019-06-26 “Chemical in spinach should be banned for athletes”
- 2019-06-25 "Good prices for chicory; sales of red chicory not great"
- 2019-06-25 Pink tomato campaign kicks off in Spanish municipality of Barbastro
- 2019-06-25 Romaine and leaf lettuces almost as popular as head lettuce
- 2019-06-25 Spain: The sweet potato of Sanlucar de Barrameda, backed by Mercadona
- 2019-06-25 Italy: Demand for improved flavour in asparagus
- 2019-06-25 Vegetable prices stabilise after reduced demand and steady supply
- 2019-06-25 Vegetable prices in China experience seasonal fall
- 2019-06-25 France: white garlic of Lomagne PGI
- 2019-06-25 Spain: Good garlic season expected
- 2019-06-25 Pricing picking up on tomatoes
- 2019-06-24 Long asparagus season in NRW ends this weekend
- 2019-06-24 China: Ginger prices steadily increasing
- 2019-06-24 Caulipower to roll out frozen chicken tenders this fall
- 2019-06-24 “The Netherlands destroyed prices in Europe”