- Business Development Manager - Italy
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Key accounter - BNL, Germany, France, UK
- General Manager | Fresh Produce | Holland
- Blueberry Farm Manager - Abbotsleigh, Australia
- Greenhouse Technician UNH, Durham, NH, USA
- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Senior Grower - Two Wells, Australia
- Field Service Technicians - Chile, South Africa, UK, USA, and New Zealand
- Operations Manager young plant production farm - East Africa
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Dominica working to increase exports to Martinique
A team of officials headed by the Hon. Trade Minister, Ian Douglas visited Martinique last weekend seeking to establish relations with supermarkets in that country.
Hon. Minister for Agriculture, Johnson Drigo was a part of the team.
“We have always supported and appreciated the work done by the hucksters to get tons of our products out of Dominica but the time has to us to attempt to take advantage of the high-end market in the island; that is hotels and supermarkets.”
The Hon. Minister for Agriculture made mention of the work currently being undertaken in Dominica to deliver the quality of products that these supermarkets require.
He continued, “We also explained the hard work which we’re doing to increase the quality and the packaging of our produce and the hard work which we’re doing with our farmers to get them certified.
“As we speak, the opportunity exists for us to export 5-10 of any of our produce [types] to the main supermarkets of markets. We’re referring to dasheen, yams, Tania, peppers, citrus, vegetables etc.”
The government is in the processing of opening and equipping its packhouses which will facilitate proper packaging of export.
Dominica Export and Import Agency (DEXIA) is also increasing the national acreage of plantain, dasheen and hot peppers to supply these markets.
The Hon. Minister says Dominica is prepared to take advantage of the opportunities.
Plans are also in the making to have discussions with Barbados and Trinidad.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-06-26 Wonky vegetables now available throughout Germany
- 2019-06-26 US farmers hopeful after Mexico ratifies USMCA
- 2019-06-26 Ukraine: Price of tomatoes flips 2.3 times within a year
- 2019-06-25 Spain exported 8% more fruit and veg in the first quarter of 2019
- 2019-06-25 Peru: Asparagus makes up 45% of exports by air from Callao
- 2019-06-25 Bulgaria: Register of fruit & veg traders to protect domestic production
- 2019-06-24 First decline in onion exports since turn of the millennium
- 2019-06-24 ZimTrade: Zimbabwean farmers urged to grow fruit
- 2019-06-24 Vegetable exports from Pakistan increase 12.19 percent
- 2019-06-24 India: Rain causes seasonal fruit prices to increase
- 2019-06-21 'Peaches & Nectarines: deliveries extended according to the season'
- 2019-06-21 Vietnam encounters difficulty after China raises bar on imports
- 2019-06-21 Mexico intends to make export agreements with 16 countries
- 2019-06-21 India: Monsoon hits drought-stricken Maharashtra
- 2019-06-20 Newly harvested carrots, slight increase in domestic fruit & vegetables
- 2019-06-20 First German free-range carrots on the market
- 2019-06-20 Canadian vegetable prices rising at fastest pace in three years
- 2019-06-20 US: More collaboration necessary between Niagara agribusiness and other sectors
- 2019-06-19 USDA comes up with Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program school grants
- 2019-06-19 Trade talks may result in Israelis seeing more US products