- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
- Medewerker productmanagement support - Bleiswijk
- Head grower & Indoor farming-/hydroponic specialist - Küssnacht am Rigi, Switzerland
- Technical Director - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Onderzoekassistent Fenotyperen - Bleiswijk
- Horticultural Soil Sales Representative - USA
- Sales Administrator - Europe Division
- Junior Sales Manager - Europe Division
- Head Grower - Avoine, France
- Master Grower - Canada
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Organic sales have plateaued
According to Research and Markets, the market for organic food products in the U.S. is projected to exceed $45 billion in 2015.
Despite availability, consumers are increasingly hard-pressed to justify the added expense, and sales have hit something of a plateau, according to a March 2015 article in Mintel Reports. Mintel reports that frequent buyers of organics were remaining loyal but likely to purchase cheaper organic products. Those who buy organics less often were likely to select even fewer organic products.
Nearly half of the 75 million strong Millennial Generation (born between 1981-2000) choose organic for at least half of their food and beverage purchases, but that percentage declines with age. Organic foods comprise more than half of the food purchases of only 12 percent of the Swing Generation and 19 percent of Baby Boomers.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-09-24 The EC opens consultation on Europe's organic agricultural policy
- 2020-09-24 Essential oils could keep pests, disease from organic crops
- 2020-09-23 Organto expands sourcing and distribution of organic ginger, adds organic tumeric
- 2020-09-22 Awe Sum Organics announces winter season organic fruits
- 2020-09-22 India: MeraKisan wants to help growers to cope with emerging ‘organic wave’
- 2020-09-21 "Due to great customer demand we are now also certified organic"
- 2020-09-21 Organic vegan products ideal for people with food intolerances
- 2020-09-10 "We have reduced our conventional pumpkin plants in favor of organic cultivation areas"
- 2020-09-09 DHL Express Malaysia starts durian express exports to Hong Kong & Singapore
- 2020-09-09 Herbs are the up and coming organic product
- 2020-09-09 Cuba bets on organic farming to increase food production
- 2020-09-08 Organic sales up as COVID19 creates healthier shopping habits among Australians
- 2020-09-08 The European Commission proposes to postpone the entry into force of the new organic regulation to 2022
- 2020-09-03 Year-round organics line offers competitive price point
- 2020-09-02 Spain's organic acreage already accounts for 10% of the total
- 2020-08-27 Organic greenhouse vegetable market continues positive trend in spring
- 2020-08-26 Organics Unlimited to celebrate 15th annual Grow Month throughout September
- 2020-08-25 Colombia positions itself as one of the EU's 10 main suppliers of organic produce
- 2020-08-19 "Our goal is to develop the certified organic market segments and increase our plantings for our brand."
- 2020-08-19 Entrepreneur works with 50,000+ growers across India to deliver organic food to people’s doorstep