- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
- General Manager - Farming / QLD, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Want to grow your business?
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "We are the first organic citrus company to pack 100% without plastic"
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Biggest problem facing avocado sector in coming years will be supply, not demand
- Trellising in avocado orchards is “pushing the boundaries of production"
- The avocado industry has been going through a "golden era"
‘Fairtrade Brasil', newest Fairtrade organization
‘Fairtrade Brasil’, the newest Fairtrade organization, was officially launched in Brazil today. The organization joins 25 other Fairtrade organizations across the world that promote Fairtrade products in their countries. Fairtrade Brasil was established to help develop a local market for Brazilian Fairtrade producers and connect consumers with Fairtrade products grown at home.
Fairtrade Brasil is the latest organization working to grow the market for Fairtrade products in a Fairtrade producer country, following the successful launches of national Fairtrade organizations in South Africa in 2009, and Kenya and India in 2013. South African Fairtrade sales reached €22.5m in 2013, with a growing range of products from local Southern African farmers and beyond.
"Today, in Brazil, we have about forty Fairtrade certified cooperatives. These products, however, are mostly used for export. The launch of Fairtrade Brasil will reduce the dependence on the international market and open up the Brazilian and South American market as an alternative, avoiding language barriers and exchange rate changes,” said Naji Harb, President of Fairtrade Brasil. "In addition to ensuring fair payment to the producer, Fairtrade also empowers the consumer to contribute to food security."
Products with the Fairtrade Mark are already available on supermarket shelves. The coffee in Café familiar da Terra’s range is grown by Fairtrade producers in Minas Gerais; and Casa Apis Fairtrade honey is local, sourced from Central de Cooperativas Apicolas in Picos. There are also a number of international companies already offering Fairtrade certified products in Brazil, including brands such as Ben & Jerry’s and Zotter. Ben & Jerry's ice cream also opened its first store in Brazil late last year.
Read more about Fairtrade Brasil on their website: www.fairtradebrasil.com.br
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-10-18 Calmich Produce in attendance at Fresh Summit 2019
- 2019-10-18 Primeur's Fruit Attraction exhibition edition
- 2019-10-18 Farm Pak celebrates 'golden' anniversary
- 2019-10-18 Western Growers Board selects Dave Puglia as next president and CEO
- 2019-10-18 “The organic, no-residue trend and the lack of solutions have increased the demand for our products”
- 2019-10-18 Bremen's wholesale market focuses on convenience and comprehensive service
- 2019-10-18 IMG Citrus celebrates 40th anniversary in Florida citrus industry
- 2019-10-18 Organto announces record third quarter revenues
- 2019-10-18 Lamb Weston forms new joint venture in Argentina to serve South American market
- 2019-10-17 Team additions enhance account service capabilities at Moxxy Marketing
- 2019-10-17 New partnership hopes to inspire recycling
- 2019-10-17 RFG promotes Raina Nelson and hires Mark Lodge for Executive VP roles
- 2019-10-17 “We still have a 6-month leeway with Brexit”
- 2019-10-16 Driscoll’s joins Ceres-WWF AgWater Challenge
- 2019-10-16 Duda Farm Fresh Foods announces Oxnard facility expansion
- 2019-10-16 Sarnia Produce expanding to meet healthy eating demand
- 2019-10-16 McCain Foods USA celebrates official start of major expansion in Othello, Washington
- 2019-10-16 Alibaba Chairman Daniel Zhang focuses on his successes
- 2019-10-16 Sofruce-Maria partners with the Moroccan association GIE Ajida
- 2019-10-16 Dynasty Farms joins iTradeNetwork food blockchain