- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
- General Manager - Farming / QLD, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Want to grow your business?
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "We are the first organic citrus company to pack 100% without plastic"
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Biggest problem facing avocado sector in coming years will be supply, not demand
- Trellising in avocado orchards is “pushing the boundaries of production"
- The avocado industry has been going through a "golden era"
Pest discovered in bananas at port
U.S. Customs and Border Protection agriculture specialists found the leafhopper on March 16, spokesman Steve Sapp said.
An entomologist with the U.S. Department of Agriculture identified it as Scaris sp. (Cicadellidae), a species of leafhopper from Central and South America, he said.
Officials verified Monday that the only previous recorded presence of the species – known to damage crops and spread infections from plant to plant – was in Miami in 2005, he said.
The shipment of bananas was released to the importer after the inspection was completed, Sapp said.
Customs and Border Protection agriculture specialists typically check nearly 1 million passengers daily, along with air and sea cargo being imported to the United States, Sapp said, adding they are “the first line of defense” in protecting against the introduction of exotic destructive plant pests and animal diseases.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-10-18 Bolthouse Farms re-imagining business after Campbell exit
- 2019-10-18 Cocaine found among boxes of oranges
- 2019-10-18 Spain: Fruit and veg heart gives Almeria another Guinness World Record
- 2019-10-18 Heatwave set to hit quantity and quality of South Africa's agri produce
- 2019-10-18 Mulder Onions reports defaulter: Omar Antonio Orozco Mairena in Nicaragua
- 2019-10-17 Brexit: Pound bounces along with optimism over Brexit talks
- 2019-10-17 "Multi-value" instead of "reusable"
- 2019-10-17 Agriculture Capital releases 2019 Impact Report
- 2019-10-17 Farmers in southern Lebanon complain of crop damage from wild pigs
- 2019-10-17 The origins of the word 'city' in various European languages
- 2019-10-17 Tour de Fresh riders raise highest amount ever for the event
- 2019-10-17 Moroccan officials foil cannabis smugglers
- 2019-10-16 Peru and UK agree to maintain trade benefits
- 2019-10-16 Woman stuffs onions in fake LV bag, daughter busted
- 2019-10-16 Human "broccoli" arrested during protests against climate change in London
- 2019-10-16 Stink bug alert for Portugal
- 2019-10-16 Special ride for first-time Tour de Fresh participant
- 2019-10-15 October: Threat of sanctions makes Turkey's lira drop
- 2019-10-15 Spanish speaking countries
- 2019-10-15 EU to dispute Colombia tariff on french fries