- Sales/Marketing Professional - Europe
- Looking for an opportunity in India
- Procurement & Sales Manager, Potato Division - Lobinstown, Co. Meath, Ireland
- European regional agent and new sales manager
- Head Grower - Owatonna (Minnesota) USA
- Teeltspecialist (Proeftuin & Veredeling) - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Netherlands
- Farm Manager - Riana, Tasmania, Australia
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Jamaica: $1.4 mn to revitalize banana industry
The government said in a statement that starting April 1, one square mile of land (381 hectares) will be planted with the fruit and support will be provided to farmers in the area.
The revitalization project for the Jamaican banana industry began in September 2013 when it began receiving funds from the European Union.
It is expected that the project will continue until March 2017 in order to "combat poverty and improve revenues in communities dependent on banana production."
Furthermore, the government will use the funds to increase its efforts to develop banana production for export, provide on-farm infrastructure support, implement a new credit scheme to support banana production and continue to develop new market opportunities for banana farmers.
As of December 2014, banana production in Jamaica had increased by 21.7 percent and 1,400 farmers had received training in improving crop production and controlling crop diseases like Black Sigatoka, according to government data.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-04-08 Banana imports to EU 28 in 2019 dropped 1.3 percent y-o-y
- 2020-04-08 Women becoming more prominent in Ecuador’s banana sector
- 2020-04-07 Cameroon banana exports dropped by over 6,000 tons year-on-year
- 2020-04-07 Tanzanian research teams are tackling banana wilt disease
- 2020-04-07 Chinese banana price begins to stabilize
- 2020-04-07 Tanzania: Banana production under threat
- 2020-04-03 Bananas generate more than 50,000 jobs in Michoacan, Colima, and Jalisco
- 2020-04-03 Tweet: World imports in 2019 show no growth
- 2020-04-02 Prices of EU produced bananas were relatively high at the end of 2019
- 2020-04-02 South Korea: North Chungcheong Province works on cultivating bananas
- 2020-04-02 Minimal coronavirus impact for South African cross-border banana farmers
- 2020-04-02 Mexico achieved a new banana export record in 2019
- 2020-03-31 Ecuadorian banana producers oppose paralyzing shipments
- 2020-03-31 Low prices in banana market, but Ecuador continues to export steady volumes
- 2020-03-30 Ecuador's banana exports continue despite the health crisis
- 2020-03-30 Banana exporters Philippines want uniform guidelines on cargoes
- 2020-03-27 Cameroon: Banana exports down by more than 6,500 tons
- 2020-03-27 Peru plans to be the world's leading exporter of organic bananas until 2023
- 2020-03-26 The circular economy reaches Uraba's banana sector
- 2020-03-25 The first solution for the biological control of mealybug in banana trees is now available