- Orchard Programmes Regional Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Packaging Supervisor - Mumbai, India
- Farm Manager - Czech Republic
- Citrus Agronomist - Can Tho, Vietnam
- Fresh Produce Trader - Den Haag, Netherlands
- Sales manager Europe
- Sales Representative - Northern Lower Michigan, USA
- Sales Representative - Florida, USA
- Business Development Manager Grapes, Citrus and Mangoes - Maasdijk, The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Grower’s Assistant - Hawaii, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Two things that all great brands have in common
Today, the world has changed, and many examples show that one can win in branding even without investing a lot of money.
So, where should you start if you want to build a successful product or food brand?
As it always happens, you should start from the basis: from the two things that every brand wishing to be successful should have.
The first thing is differentiation: your brand has to be perceived as different enough from the others by your target consumers. But differentiation by itself is not enough: the difference has to be relevant to buyers – in other words, your difference should allow the buyer to better reach their objectives than your competitors' brands.
The second thing is distinctiveness: your brand should not only be different, but it has to be designed (packaging, visuals, colours, etc) in a distinctive way, so it stands out on the supermarket shelves.
Differentiation and distinctiveness are nowadays equally important (well, some recent theories even come to the more extreme conclusion that distinctiveness is now more capable of explaining why a brand is successful, considering how difficult it is to differentiate brands in the modern world)
Truth is that differentiation and distinctiveness are completing each other, in the same way as substance and form, mind and body.
So, if you want to create a successful food or produce brand, first think about differentiation. Find a differentiating idea that separates your brand from the others, in a relevant way for buyers. In other words – first consider the substance, the mind.
And then - build on this idea – work on the form, on the visual, on the emotions. Create something that distinguishes your brand from the others so shoppers notice and remember your products when looking at the shelves.
Differentiation and distinctiveness: here is the winning combination that all the best food brands have in common.
If you are interested in fresh produce marketing, download the free e-book "Introduction to marketing for fresh produce"
Pisani Produce Marketing is a consulting agency for food and produce companies that want to sell more, at higher prices in Italy. It has been founded by Maurizio Pisani, former Chiquita and Fresh Del Monte executive.
For more info:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-02-22 Waitrose & Partners Foundation helps farming communities with expansion into Senegal and The Gambia
- 2019-02-21 Fiji farmers welcome Agriculture Minister's comments on boosting markets
- 2019-02-20 $400,000 to support Australian apple, pear and cherry growers reducing energy costs
- 2019-02-19 "Supermarkets will have to take a look at their margins and may no longer be able to dictate to the market"
- 2019-02-18 UK getting ready for horticultural trade after no-deal Brexit
- 2019-02-18 EU-Singapore Free Trade Agreement and Investment Protection Agreement approved
- 2019-02-18 No-Deal Brexit could cost grocery sector billions
- 2019-02-18 "Successful brand structure and promotion are key to market success"
- 2019-02-15 Peru will be able to export more easily to Mexico
- 2019-02-15 PACA violators restricted from operating in produce industry
- 2019-02-14 Costa Rica reaches an agreement with Mexico on avocado
- 2019-02-14 Chile: Bown takes up vice presidency of SHAFFE
- 2019-02-14 Agreement with Singapore set to give a boost to EU-Asia trade
- 2019-02-14 France sets limits to commercial promotions at points of sale
- 2019-02-14 Free Trade Agreement top of mind in EU meeting
- 2019-02-14 Brexit: 50,000 jobs at stake in France
- 2019-02-13 VegetablesWA responds to North Wanneroo Agriculture and Water Taskforce recommendations
- 2019-02-13 Marni Fruit warns of Polish fraudster pretending to be their agent
- 2019-02-13 The EC warns it is essential to be ready for a no-deal Brexit
- 2019-02-12 Moroccan Agriculture Minister tours Costa farm