- Stress resistant and an out going person
- Looking for reinforcement?
- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
- Innovation Director - De Lier, Netherlands
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Account Manager Fleuristes France - Hollande du Nord
- Account Manager Benelux Team - Midden-Nederland
- Assistant Breeder - Moerstraten, Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
“Jet-Ripe™ Portable Unit Turns Cold Rooms into Ripening Rooms”
Global Cooling is one of the leaders worldwide in manufacturing of forced-air precooling and ripening equipment. Global also offers the Jet-Ready™ and Rapid-Cool™ precooling systems.
“The original forced-air ripening system is a tarp system” explained Still, “where two rows of pallets of fruit are placed side by side up against a fan wall, and then the pallets are covered with a tarp. The suction of the fans pulling from under the tarp forces the room air to flow through the cartons of fruit, and not just around them.” The Jet-Ripe is a tarp-based ripening design, and it has a galvanized steel base and stand, and two fans each of 2 HP. It also has foam pads and a tarp, and on and off controls.
“This is the best and most energy-efficient design for ripening when the room is one pallet tall, or 'single-tier,'” Still continued. “The tarp covering the tops of the upper cartons assures that all of the airflow goes through all of the fruit boxes uniformly, and therefore the ripening process is more uniform, too.”
Addition of a “variable speed drive” or VFD, allows the ripener to adjust the fan speed for less than fully loaded rooms, saving even more electricity. “Our Jet-Ripe is perfect for ripening anywhere from 2 pallets to 24 pallets,” according to Still.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-09-16 Retail modernization in India turns cold-chain business hot
- 2019-09-09 Taiwan: NT$1 billion cooling systems to improve crop delivery
- 2019-09-04 ‘Reefer container equipment availability set to be tight’
- 2019-08-27 Cool chain facility for AC Fresh in Toronto
- 2019-08-26 China's first mobile modified atmosphere R&D center opens in Pingnan
- 2019-08-23 Tropical fruit IQF gains popularity
- 2019-08-21 Analysis of cold storage facilities at wholesale markets
- 2019-08-21 Bangladesh: 500 cool chambers for vegetables planned
- 2019-08-15 Precoolers that are “perfect for grapes”
- 2019-08-15 New Eastland Port coolstore means container export of kiwifruit a step closer for Gisborne
- 2019-08-13 Cold is now officially hot across the Asia Pacific
- 2019-08-07 Staay opts for CO2 at its Venlo site in the Netherlands too
- 2019-08-07 Factors impacting growth of India’s cold supply chain sector
- 2019-07-30 Jet cooler manufacturer reduces lead time
- 2019-07-19 Quick temperature checks en route
- 2019-07-19 "Our vacuum pre-cooling equipment in China has about 15% of the market"
- 2019-07-16 Shipping of perishable goods - Maersk sees new possibilities
- 2019-07-15 Afghanistan: USAID-funded cold storage inaugurated
- 2019-07-08 Australian refrigeration specialist Quik-Cool improves cooler
- 2019-07-04 Cold storage yet to tap full potential