- General Manager - Farming / QLD, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Want to grow your business?
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
- Integrated Crop Management (ICM) Technician - Olds (Alberta) Canada
- Hoofd Engineering - Gameren, Nederland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "We are the first organic citrus company to pack 100% without plastic"
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Violence in Mexico puts avocado exports to the US at risk
- Biggest problem facing avocado sector in coming years will be supply, not demand
- Clearing the rubble in Spain after the severe weather; leafy vegetable shortages a sure thing in the winter"
Italy promotes apples in US
On February 14th the Consortium FROM Italian Alps launched a promotion with Corrado’s Supermarkets’ 5 locations in New Jersey, where Italian Galas, Granny Smith and Golden Delicious will be available through February 28th. The activity is implemented in collaboration with the Italian Trade Commission office in New York.
‘Italian apples are a big new-comer on the U.S. produce scene, and we are still working to develop our market – says Mr. Zanotelli, Director of the Consortium FROM. Exporting to America is a big challenge for the Italian industry, but we are still confident that our efforts will meet the challenge. Americans are aware of the quality assured by Made in Italy. The same assurance goes for apples, and everybody is invited to fall in love with the taste!’
With a production of 2.4 million tons, Italy is among the biggest world players in the industry and is at the forefront of research and innovation in the sector. Technology allows the treatment of pathologies in the most natural ways. That translates to delicious, safe and healthy products.
“Italian law forbids GMO products and has strict regulations for food safety and quality standards. Original Italian food is safe and extremely tasty’ – says Pier Paolo Celeste, Trade Commissioner and Executive Diretor for the U.S.A.
Living in the production areas and consuming the products, producers are the best testimonials of FROM awareness of the environmental and social responsibility aspects of the production. The very same concept is at the heart of the promotional campaign: ‘We know what we do, and we eat what we produce. – goes on Mr Zanotelli – I am very proud of the work our producers and partners are doing in Italy, and we are happy to share the excellency of our production with the markets FROM supplies with the best quality apples’.
Passion and dedication are the secret ingredients of FROM’s success- 15,000 producers grouped in 4 producer organizations in a system that promotes the fair share of responsibilities and strict set of production values. You will taste the difference.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-10-16 Autumn 2019: New fruit trees to be planted in Kent
- 2019-10-16 Turkey to increase pomegranate exports
- 2019-10-16 New Zealand summer fruit growers will vote on industry levy
- 2019-10-16 "Class I fruit is often not good enough for Dutch retailers"
- 2019-10-16 AU: Table grapes recorded largest growth in export value in 2018/19
- 2019-10-15 Non-browning fruit grower eyes big growth
- 2019-10-14 Chile season 2019/20: 115,000 tons of fresh blueberry exports expected
- 2019-10-14 Turkish pomegranate exporters eye Far East markets
- 2019-10-11 The 11 most popular types of fruit in Germany
- 2019-10-09 "Quality and coloring of Moldavian plums is extremely good"
- 2019-10-09 Turkish producer grows heart shaped pears
- 2019-10-09 Fruit prices during China's National Day holiday week are more affordable
- 2019-10-08 Chile: Area devoted to blueberries in region of Ñuble increases by 17.3%
- 2019-10-04 UK: Flourishing fruit market generates trade in Hull
- 2019-10-03 In Colombia there could be room for more Italian fruit
- 2019-10-03 Research suggests strawberries and blackberries could help heal wounds
- 2019-10-03 Slow trade and low prices for kiwifruit
- 2019-10-03 More Uzbek vegetables and fruits to be exported to Russia
- 2019-10-01 Hungarian apple production falling to just about 400 thousand tons
- 2019-09-30 Santa Cruz County crop value rebounds to record $683 million for 2018