- Lighting Applications Specialist - Beamsville (Ontario) Canada
- Senior Product Manager Young Plants
- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Soft Fruit
- IPM Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Human Resources Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Assistant Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Head Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist - Hallam, Victoria, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Italy promotes apples in US
On February 14th the Consortium FROM Italian Alps launched a promotion with Corrado’s Supermarkets’ 5 locations in New Jersey, where Italian Galas, Granny Smith and Golden Delicious will be available through February 28th. The activity is implemented in collaboration with the Italian Trade Commission office in New York.
‘Italian apples are a big new-comer on the U.S. produce scene, and we are still working to develop our market – says Mr. Zanotelli, Director of the Consortium FROM. Exporting to America is a big challenge for the Italian industry, but we are still confident that our efforts will meet the challenge. Americans are aware of the quality assured by Made in Italy. The same assurance goes for apples, and everybody is invited to fall in love with the taste!’
With a production of 2.4 million tons, Italy is among the biggest world players in the industry and is at the forefront of research and innovation in the sector. Technology allows the treatment of pathologies in the most natural ways. That translates to delicious, safe and healthy products.
“Italian law forbids GMO products and has strict regulations for food safety and quality standards. Original Italian food is safe and extremely tasty’ – says Pier Paolo Celeste, Trade Commissioner and Executive Diretor for the U.S.A.
Living in the production areas and consuming the products, producers are the best testimonials of FROM awareness of the environmental and social responsibility aspects of the production. The very same concept is at the heart of the promotional campaign: ‘We know what we do, and we eat what we produce. – goes on Mr Zanotelli – I am very proud of the work our producers and partners are doing in Italy, and we are happy to share the excellency of our production with the markets FROM supplies with the best quality apples’.
Passion and dedication are the secret ingredients of FROM’s success- 15,000 producers grouped in 4 producer organizations in a system that promotes the fair share of responsibilities and strict set of production values. You will taste the difference.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-04-15 Spain: "It didn't go well for winter fruit but stone fruit is eagerly awaited"
- 2019-04-08 Turkish cherries will soon be harvested
- 2019-04-08 Spain: Fruits in Bierzo not affected by the low temperatures
- 2019-04-05 The five most expensive fruits in the world
- 2019-04-05 Argentina's overseas fruit exports decreased by 25%
- 2019-04-04 Fresh fruit exports dropped in 2018
- 2019-04-04 The US continues to receive good volumes of Chilean fruit
- 2019-04-04 Croatian agriculture output increased in 2018
- 2019-04-04 South Africa: Government help needed for fresh fruit exports to flourish
- 2019-04-03 India: Andhra Pradesh No 1 in fruit production
- 2019-04-02 Russia proposes introduction of seasonal quotas for apple imports
- 2019-04-01 China: Average fruit prices rise for "6th consecutive month"
- 2019-03-29 Thailand: Fruit exports flourish through FTA deals
- 2019-03-29 South African fruit sector ripe for harvesting benefits of the fourth industrial revolution
- 2019-03-29 ‘Deporting undocumented workers would have huge cost impact’
- 2019-03-29 Management solutions for fruit flies in Australia and south-east Asia
- 2019-03-27 US campaign against Mexican Fruit Fly
- 2019-03-26 More bananas, less top fruit
- 2019-03-26 Brazilian fruit collector preserves over 1,300 rare types
- 2019-03-26 SpongeBob is not why your child likes junk food