- COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
- Sales Representative - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
- Maintenance Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- Indian grape season will start with lower volumes
- "The rains have forced us to stop the harvest and delay the loading"
- Global apple production from 1961 to 2017
- “We deactivate Gram negative bacteria such as E.coli”
- Introducing new slashing equipment on banana plantation has proved to be a real time-saver
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Nepal: 27% of fruit, veg imported from India
Similarly, Dhading district supplies 18 percent of the vegetables sold here, according to the Kalimati Fruits and Vegetable Market Development Board (KFVMDB). During the period mid-February 2014 to mid-February 2015, 229,180 tonnes of vegetables were sold at the Kalimati market. The market received 61,878 tonnes of vegetable and fruits from India pointing to the degree of dependence on products from the southern neighbour. Regarding domestic shipments, Dhading farmers sent 41,252 tonnes of vegetables and fruits to Kalimati last year.
Executive Director of KFVMDB Tikaram Sharma, said that Indian products still had a dominating presence in the country despite efforts to encourage local products. “We have been encouraging farmers by helping them with marketing and shipping of their products. But we still have to depend on India due to the low production here,” he said.
“Sometimes, we are also forced to import a number of off-season vegetables because of lack of storage facility locally. He added that they were planning to set up a vegetable market in Chobhar besides operating a collection centre in Naubise, Dhading.
According to the board, vegetables made up 82.92 percent, fruits 10.55 percent, spices 4.7 percent and fresh fish 2.08 percent of the shipments delivered to the Kalimati market.
Click here to read more at ekantipur.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-12-06 “Only a few main players are left in Israeli export market”
- 2019-12-05 “100% of our products sent via plane”
- 2019-12-05 'Pears lost overall importance as citrus took centre stage'
- 2019-12-05 Pakistani minister blames suspension of trade with India for high food prices
- 2019-12-05 Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government increases fruit & vegetable imports from Afghanistan
- 2019-12-05 “High demand for Belgian strawberries and pears, disappointing winter veggie trade”
- 2019-12-05 Bumper vegetable yield in Cumilla makes growers happy
- 2019-12-05 China is the largest importer of Ukrainian agro-food products
- 2019-12-04 Uzbekistan discusses increase of fruit and vegetable exports
- 2019-12-04 2019 Australian macadamia crop reaches 43,500 tonnes in-shell
- 2019-12-04 Mexico says tariffs will drive up tomato prices in US
- 2019-12-02 Nuts, frozen berries and apples among Ukraine’s most important export products
- 2019-12-02 Iran: Duties to for tomato exports as of December 22
- 2019-12-02 The EU and China agree on the recognition of 100 mutual PGIs and PDOs
- 2019-12-02 Production costs cannot be higher than sales prices
- 2019-12-02 'Native apples of the Elstar, Jonagold and Boskoop varieties dominated'
- 2019-11-29 Fruit and vegetable imports from North African countries having impact on the European sector
- 2019-11-29 Tajikistan's fruit and vegetable import declines
- 2019-11-28 Larger assortment of fruit and veg in Norwegian stores stimulates more unhealthy consumers
- 2019-11-28 "There have been delays for some crops, but there are no serious effects of the weather."