- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
- Chief agronomic / Head grower
- Chief Executive Officer
- Greenhouse grower / production manager
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
By Deborah Meidan
Shelf life extends in fresh cut
“The results of applying Xtend modified atmosphere packaging technology to prolong the shelf life of fresh cut vegetables is very exciting”, says StePac’s Chief Technology Officer, Dr. Gary Ward, “We are seeing great results and the unique qualities of Xtend fresh cut retail packaging allow it to outsell that of competitor packed fresh cut vegetables in Brazil and Argentina.”
Engineered to meet the specific conditions needed for each produce item, Xtend Fresh Cut retail packaging is available for a variety of cut and leafy vegetables.
The specific climate of the grape growing regions of Peru have given rise to the development of Xtend bulk modified atmosphere packaging exclusive for Peruvian grapes as an alternative to using sulfur pads during long term storage and transportation. “Peruvian grape growers stand to benefit greatly by using Xtend packaging instead of sulfur pads since it reduces the occurrence of fruit bleaching and stem dehydration during typical supply chains from Peru. We expect this to be received favorably, especially in light of calls to ban the use of sulfur pads,” Says Dr. Gary Ward,” The packaging is now successfully being used in commercial shipments from Peru.”
The StePac team looks forward to meeting existing and prospective customers and business partners to share and discuss with them the use of StePac’s Xtend modified atmosphere/ modified humidity freshness packaging solutions and the opportunities that they provide.
Find us at Fruit Logistica Berlin from February 4-6 at the Messe Convention Center, Hall 3-2, booth C-21. To book a meeting, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-02-28 Fruit Logistica 2020 photo report
- 2020-02-25 CIV showcased apple, pear and strawberry varieties
- 2020-02-24 "More qualitative, targeted exchanges this year"
- 2020-02-17 "We have created a fast and efficient translating head system"
- 2020-02-14 More than 100 international colleagues attended annual global Kanzi meeting
- 2020-02-13 "From an excellent brand, to a great national brand of reference in apple-based products"
- 2020-02-12 Fruit Logistica records 72,000 visitors for its 2020 exhibition
- 2020-02-11 Polish Berry Cooperative celebrate fifth Fruit Logistica anniversary
- 2020-02-11 Next generation potatoes presented at Fruit Logistica
- 2020-02-10 YOOM™ tomato wins Fruit Logistica Innovation Award 2020
- 2020-02-07 Emerson incorporates 4G/Cat-M Technology into next generation GO Real-Time Tracker
- 2020-02-06 SYMACH introduces the new generation of palletizing
- 2020-02-05 "Increasing demand for highly automated complete solutions in the packaging sector"
- 2020-02-04 Un Sacco Green bag showcased in Berlin
- 2020-02-03 Start-up introducing a revolutionary automatic QC and data analytics platform
- 2020-02-03 Ecuador to launch 'Premium and sustainable' brand
- 2020-01-31 "We are excited to showcase the CPMA Waste Efficiency Tool, among other things"
- 2020-01-31 Lower Italian kiwi production creates opportunities for Greece
- 2020-01-30 Ethylene management products provide solutions for ripening and degreening
- 2020-01-30 Moldova brings 16 fruit producers and exporters to Berlin