- Stress resistant and an out going person
- Looking for reinforcement?
- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
- Innovation Director - De Lier, Netherlands
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Account Manager Fleuristes France - Hollande du Nord
- Account Manager Benelux Team - Midden-Nederland
- Assistant Breeder - Moerstraten, Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
By Deborah Meidan
Shelf life extends in fresh cut
“The results of applying Xtend modified atmosphere packaging technology to prolong the shelf life of fresh cut vegetables is very exciting”, says StePac’s Chief Technology Officer, Dr. Gary Ward, “We are seeing great results and the unique qualities of Xtend fresh cut retail packaging allow it to outsell that of competitor packed fresh cut vegetables in Brazil and Argentina.”
Engineered to meet the specific conditions needed for each produce item, Xtend Fresh Cut retail packaging is available for a variety of cut and leafy vegetables.
The specific climate of the grape growing regions of Peru have given rise to the development of Xtend bulk modified atmosphere packaging exclusive for Peruvian grapes as an alternative to using sulfur pads during long term storage and transportation. “Peruvian grape growers stand to benefit greatly by using Xtend packaging instead of sulfur pads since it reduces the occurrence of fruit bleaching and stem dehydration during typical supply chains from Peru. We expect this to be received favorably, especially in light of calls to ban the use of sulfur pads,” Says Dr. Gary Ward,” The packaging is now successfully being used in commercial shipments from Peru.”
The StePac team looks forward to meeting existing and prospective customers and business partners to share and discuss with them the use of StePac’s Xtend modified atmosphere/ modified humidity freshness packaging solutions and the opportunities that they provide.
Find us at Fruit Logistica Berlin from February 4-6 at the Messe Convention Center, Hall 3-2, booth C-21. To book a meeting, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-02-28 Photo Report: Fruit Logistica 2019: Sustainability and Brexit
- 2019-02-25 New spin dryer celebrates 150th anniversary of Turatti Group
- 2019-02-22 Wageningen University out in full force at Fruit Logistica
- 2019-02-21 Spanish ports represented at Fruit Logistica Berlin
- 2019-02-20 "We are highly committed to reducing packaging's environmental impact"
- 2019-02-19 Les Rubis de Lansac: a young dynamic company at Fruit Logistica
- 2019-02-18 France: zero-pesticide residue asparagus and corn salad for the spring of 2019
- 2019-02-18 Colombia, a reliable provider of tropical and exotic fruit at Fruit Logistica
- 2019-02-15 Fruit Logistica 2019: Sustainability & Brexit
- 2019-02-15 Masseria Fruttirossi: We produce 100% pomegranate juice
- 2019-02-14 Cuts in labor costs, and fewer damaged strawberries on the shelves
- 2019-02-14 Argentina's lemon exporters connect with global buyers in Berlin
- 2019-02-13 Start-ups in limelight at Fruit Logistica
- 2019-02-11 Top Seeds International at Fruit Logistica with two new brands
- 2019-02-11 Red kiwi fruit wins the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award.
- 2019-02-08 CIRAD prepares for the Fruit Logistica fair
- 2019-02-07 South European port authorities attend Berlin Fruit Logistica fair
- 2019-02-06 Hugo Beck and Mopack exhibit in Berlin for the first time
- 2019-02-05 Collaboration of PerfoTec and Hessing leads to PerfoTec02Control nomination
- 2019-02-05 Kultive presents big developments for its greenhouse products