- Sales Manager
- Want to grow your business?
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
- Integrated Crop Management (ICM) Technician - Olds (Alberta) Canada
- Hoofd Engineering - Gameren, Nederland
- Manager Operations - Gameren, Nederland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "We are the first organic citrus company to pack 100% without plastic"
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Violence in Mexico puts avocado exports to the US at risk
- Biggest problem facing avocado sector in coming years will be supply, not demand
- Clearing the rubble in Spain after the severe weather; leafy vegetable shortages a sure thing in the winter"
Shanghai: Cherry exports from Chile increase 28%-38%
As known by most people, the China/HK market has consolidated as the main destination of the Chilean Sweet Cherry exports, against the decrease on importance of other destinations such as the U.S., Europe and Latin America. Up to week 1, when the average export advance is around 95%, the Chilean Sweet cherry exports to China/HK show an increment that hasn’t stopped, increasing its share of the total exports from a 68% recorded on 2013/14 to a 78% on the current season, according to ASOEX data.
Also, the exports dynamic inside China/HK has also varied between the exports to the North, Center and South of the country. If 5 seasons ago (2009/10) the Chilean sweet cherry shipments to the North region of the Asian country were 14% of the total, this season are only 4%, being the only region where the shipments decreased. However, this doesn’t mean that the shipments are concentrating in the Southern cities like Shenzhen, Shekou, Guangzhou and Hong Kong. In fact, the shipments to Shanghai (Center zone) have increased 101% since last season, while in the Southern Zone only by 35%.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-10-14 Chile season 2019/20: 115,000 tons of fresh blueberry exports expected
- 2019-10-14 Turkish pomegranate exporters eye Far East markets
- 2019-10-11 The 11 most popular types of fruit in Germany
- 2019-10-09 "Quality and coloring of Moldavian plums is extremely good"
- 2019-10-09 Turkish producer grows heart shaped pears
- 2019-10-09 Fruit prices during China's National Day holiday week are more affordable
- 2019-10-08 Chile: Area devoted to blueberries in region of Ñuble increases by 17.3%
- 2019-10-04 UK: Flourishing fruit market generates trade in Hull
- 2019-10-03 In Colombia there could be room for more Italian fruit
- 2019-10-03 Research suggests strawberries and blackberries could help heal wounds
- 2019-10-03 Slow trade and low prices for kiwifruit
- 2019-10-03 More Uzbek vegetables and fruits to be exported to Russia
- 2019-10-01 Hungarian apple production falling to just about 400 thousand tons
- 2019-09-30 Santa Cruz County crop value rebounds to record $683 million for 2018
- 2019-09-30 Lebanon seizes 39 trucks with smuggled fruit & vegetables
- 2019-09-30 The fall of juice against the rise of fresh fruit
- 2019-09-30 Argentinians protesting the crisis: Evitas, flashmobs, and frutazos:
- 2019-09-25 Bangladesh produces 5.07 mln tons of fruit
- 2019-09-25 Huge interest in New Zealand apples and cherries following successful Asia Fruit Logistica
- 2019-09-25 Taiwan opens market to Polish apples