- Sales/Marketing Professional - Europe
- Looking for an opportunity in India
- Procurement & Sales Manager, Potato Division - Lobinstown, Co. Meath, Ireland
- European regional agent and new sales manager
- Head Grower - Owatonna (Minnesota) USA
- Teeltspecialist (Proeftuin & Veredeling) - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Netherlands
- Farm Manager - Riana, Tasmania, Australia
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Rwanda: Mushroom growing transforms lives
The group switched to mushroom growing after it secured funding from Oxfam through Duterimbere Microfinance Bank in 2009, according to Léocadie Mukantarambirwa, the co-operative co-ordinator.
The group, made up of 25 members, 19 women and six men, produces about 1.5 tonnes of fresh mushroom per month or about 400kg weekly.
The project has greatly boosted members' financial muscle, as well as nutritional levels of their families, says Mukantarambirwa.
The co-operative sells the mushrooms to Kigali Farm, a dealership and processor of mushrooms.
The social enterprise (Kigali Farm)works with other farmers, supplies them with farming inputs and provides technical assistance to farmers, Mukantarambirwa adds.
She says mushroom growing has greatly changed members' lives, especially by improving their household income and nutrition levels.
She encourages other Rwandans, especially small farmers, to embrace mushroom growing, noting that besides increasing production, this would provide them an alternative source of income and nutrients.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-04-08 Washington state's asparagus harvest to start mid-April
- 2020-04-08 Rising night time temperatures causing asparagus to sprout
- 2020-04-08 The tomato supply is steady and without price changes
- 2020-04-08 “This is what we call hands-free cultivation"
- 2020-04-08 The story of the Sweet bite: 20 years of baby point peppers
- 2020-04-08 Imported ginger: “It’s been difficult keeping up with demand”
- 2020-04-07 Belle Glade sweet corn season comes in strong
- 2020-04-07 Chinese market price of spinach is rising
- 2020-04-07 "Farmers doing the trade of their lifetime in the farm shops"
- 2020-04-07 Pakistan vegetables exports: 71.8% increase in 8 months
- 2020-04-07 “The new garlic harvest in Europe will depend on labor”
- 2020-04-07 Taste this new Dutch tomato virtually
- 2020-04-07 75% fall of activity in Granada's asparagus campaign
- 2020-04-06 "Chinese ginger is in high demand"
- 2020-04-06 Iranian annual vegetable production reaches 30 million tons
- 2020-04-06 Chinese pepper price shows significant fluctuations
- 2020-04-06 “From €2 to €13 for a tray of asparagus within a week”
- 2020-04-06 "Luxurious home meals offer great scope for mushrooms"
- 2020-04-06 Russia: Orenburg region increases potato and vegetable production
- 2020-04-06 A list of vegetables that can be bought in this period without speculation