- Processing & Quality Management Director - Made, The Netherlands or Sderot/Brurim, Israel
- Aankomend Int. Export Manager jonge groenteplanten
- Director of Hydroponic Production - Madrid, Spain
- Non-Executive Directors
- Horticultural Sales Manager - Fruit Industry, Europe
- Sales Representative - New South Wales (Australia)
- Business Development Coordinator - New Zealand
- Greenhouse Production Manager - Heho (Shan State) Myanmar
- Account Manager Benelux
- Inkoop Specialist AGF - Bleiswijk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Sri Lanka: Wholesale vegetable prices see big increase
The Dambulla Economic Centre says that the wholesale prices of a number of vegetables in the market have increased to over Rs.300 a kilogramme.
The wholesale price of a kilogramme of Beans, Carrots, Leeks, Banana, Peppers have increased to over Rs.300 per kilogramme at the Dambulla Economic Centre.
In addition, the prices of a low country vegetables such as Bittergourd , Brinjals (eggplant) and Snakegourd have increased to a price between Rs.130 – 200 a kilogramme.
It is observed that when wholesale market prices reach such a level, the prices in the retail market increase by a further Rs. 100.
Farmers point out that the reason for the sharp increase in vegetable prices was the destruction of crops by the incessant downpour experienced in the recent days.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-06-14 Increased engagement at renewed United Fresh Show
- 2019-06-14 More fruits and vegetables from third countries in the EU
- 2019-06-14 'Deliveries of German strawberries noticeably extended'
- 2019-06-14 Mercabarna expects 9% increase in fruit sales
- 2019-06-14 Prices for winter veggies cool down in New Zealand
- 2019-06-13 EEC recommends boosting trade of fruit and berries in member states
- 2019-06-13 Supply nosediving - vegetable prices soar in Mysuru
- 2019-06-13 Exceptional Belgian cabbage prices: old white and red cabbage 2 euro per head
- 2019-06-13 Satisfactory year for fennel from Metaponto
- 2019-06-12 US: Study detects big differences in produce shelf life
- 2019-06-12 Water shortages and heat are hiking prices of Indian vegetables
- 2019-06-12 Zimbabwe government to set up horticulture department
- 2019-06-12 “Fruit season above average for producers”
- 2019-06-12 Peru's non-traditional exports increase by 7.6%
- 2019-06-12 Balance sheets for Slovenian agricultural products 2018
- 2019-06-12 "The sector's disorganization prevents better prices in Almeria"
- 2019-06-12 "More varied diets, but not very sustainable"
- 2019-06-11 Parts of India: Heat wave causes vegetable prices to rise 40% in one week
- 2019-06-11 Egyptian export opportunities to Italy exceeded €8 mln in first five months 2019
- 2019-06-11 California produce volumes growing