- COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
- Sales Representative - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
- Maintenance Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Philippine exports expected to grow by 10%
Senen Perlada, executive director of the public-private Export Development Council, was quoted by Philexport as saying that export revenues were expected to be boosted largely by the continued expansion of the services exports, given the rising demand for software development services and healthcare information management.
A better exchange rate and the implementation of more measures to address port congestion in Manila are also seen to boost exports in 2015, he added.
To achieve next year’s exports goal, Perlada stressed the need for local exporters to expand their market share and penetrate new markets.
These potential markets include the Gulf Cooperation Council countries namely United Arab Emirates, the Kingdom of Bahrain, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the Sultanate of Oman, Qatar and Kuwait; Turkey; Brazil; and the member-countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, particularly Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam.
Trade Undersecretary Ponciano C. Manalo Jr. earlier said he expected Philippine exports to grow by 10 percent next year due to a recovery of bigger markets like the United States and Japan and the expected continued growth of the local electronics industry.
Apart from electronics, other expected significant contributors to the country’s exports growth include agricultural products like coconuts and pineapples, automotive parts, as well as mining (copper and nickel).
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-12-06 APM Terminals Gothenburg takes another step towards climate neutrality
- 2019-12-06 Biman Bangladesh wants to restart perishable exports flights to Europe
- 2019-12-06 PML invests in refrigerated vehicles
- 2019-12-05 'New pallet is hard to break, easy to repair'
- 2019-12-05 Adrie Visbeen explains the importance of the Holland Rail Terminal
- 2019-12-05 Dover Cargo Terminal West is operational
- 2019-12-04 Qatar Airways Cargo announces expansion of freighter services to Latin America
- 2019-12-04 Faster access to Suez Canal Container Terminal via new tunnel lowers logistics costs
- 2019-12-04 Hapag-Lloyd acquires stake in Moroccan terminal
- 2019-12-04 New cargo visibility tool watched temperature, humidity and CO2 levels
- 2019-12-04 The Spanish port of Vigo seeks to consolidate as port of entry for South African oranges
- 2019-12-04 Remote Container Management technology now available for Hamburg Süd customers
- 2019-12-03 The Port of Algeciras hosts a delegation of Peruvian agricultural exporters
- 2019-12-03 Direct Mexico-Netherlands fruit line slowly becoming a reality
- 2019-11-29 Slight truck shortages Arizona and California
- 2019-11-29 Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Russia to launch express trains for agricultural shipments
- 2019-11-29 Chile's port stoppages hurt cherry shipments to China
- 2019-11-29 "The foundation of this collaboration is the focus on sustainable logistics"
- 2019-11-28 Indian Civil Aviation Department directed to resolve issue of low air cargo capacity
- 2019-11-28 New York grocery deliveries go high-tech