- Lead Engineer (Horticultural Systems)
- Head Grower - Kenya
- Environmental Officer - Home based
- Commercial Manager - Fresh Produce, Kenya
- Assistant Growers - Australia
- Grower Managers and Senior Growers - Australia
- Sales Manager Europe - Mont-Ras (Girona), ES
- Global Sales Manager - Negotiable location
- Manager / director vegetable processing Russia
- Sales Manager - AIS Greenworks, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
First seafreight Ataulfo mangoes to UK
Robert Cullum from the company said, "We are bringing Ataulfo Mango, normally an airfreight variety, by sea. This is a difficult process to manage but after several years of tests we are now more confident with the correct maturity at harvest to enable us to ripen in the UK," he explains.
The Ataulfo mango is a smaller super sweet / fragrant variety, hugely popular in Mexico and the USA, which has not really made its way to Europe in any volume due mainly to the prohibitive cost of airfreight.
Pacific Produce have now been able to overcome that problem, partly due to a faster shipping service and perfecting the harvest time of the fruit.
"The result is an extremely tasty mango with a reasonable price level which would normally only be available at very high air prices," explains Cullum. Compared to the airfreighted fruit this is nearly half the price.
Pacific Produce are half way through a 4 week season with sales concluding in the Christmas week. They will ship 1 container per week at this stage.
As for demand, Cullum said that this is a new product so they are not to sure but, he says from a personal point of view if you eat one of these it is easy to become addicted.
In addition to the Ataulfo, Pacific Produce have Tommy and Haden from Peru and are waiting for the Kent which will be late this year.
For more information:
+44 (0) 1865877801
+44 (0) 7554880327
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-05-22 Bangladesh: Litchi growers unhappy with price drops
- 2019-05-22 Sri Lanka: Nestlé Coconut Plan benefits 1,000 more rural families
- 2019-05-22 Australian Mango Conference photo report
- 2019-05-21 Thailand opens up to Peru’s Hass avocados
- 2019-05-21 Cambodian longans export plan well under way
- 2019-05-21 Indian cooperative applies for GI tag
- 2019-05-21 Farmers want Kenya-China avocado trade deal reviewed
- 2019-05-20 Costa Rica’s agro sector in trouble
- 2019-05-20 National Mango Board 2019 industry outreach meetings
- 2019-05-20 Vietnam: Mangoes still being exported to US
- 2019-05-20 Benin to increase pineapple production from 400,000 to 600,000 tonnes by 2021
- 2019-05-17 Kenya: Exporting avocados with ease
- 2019-05-17 Vietnam wants to take on US avocado market
- 2019-05-17 Can northern Australia's mango industry handle a changing climate?
- 2019-05-16 Oaxaca is having a successful mango export season to the US
- 2019-05-15 Panama given green light for export of pineapples to China
- 2019-05-15 Bangladesh: Rajshahi lychees available
- 2019-05-15 Indian mango exports hit by Jet Airways crisis
- 2019-05-15 California man caught with 730 stolen avocados
- 2019-05-15 India: 1,686 south Gujarat mango growers seek compensation for poor yield