- Cultivation specialist Floriculture
- Technical Sales Specialist - Canada
- Crop Supervisor - Australia
- Senior Business development- / Sales Manager - The Netherlands
- Global VP of Sales & Marketing
- Product Manager - Europe
- Product Manager, Horticulture - De Lier, the Netherlands
- Chief Executive Officer - Tropical North Queensland (Tully) Australia
- Head Grower in USA
- Commercial Manager | Cut Flowers - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Coronavirus creates demand for New Zealand organic apples
- Tight avo market but Fuertes from Tzaneen will start picking up
- Chinese exports and imports feel the impact of coronavirus
- Avocado's water consumption is proportional to its nutritional value
- Saturated citrus market causes falling prices in US
Top 5 -last month
Filipino banana exports up in Q2
Data from PSA-Davao also showed a 531.87 percent increase in gross weight of bananas exported. The volume exported increased to 5.36 billion kilos as of the second quarter of this year from 849.22 million kilos in the same period last year.
"The increase in the value of exports in the second quarter of 2014 as compared to 2013 is a combination in the increase in volume of bananas and increase in the buying price," Remegio Garcia, chair of the Mindanao Banana Farmers and Exporters Association (MBFEA), said in an interview with Sun.Star Davao on Friday.
He said the volume was brought about by the recovery of some areas that were hit by Typhoon Pablo in 2012 and are now producing bananas.
Garcia said the increase in the buying price from January to June this year was higher at an average of $6 per box as compared to the average price in 2013 of $4.50 per box. He said the prices this year also reached double digits.
Japan has remained the top export market for bananas at $108.35 million, followed by New Zealand ($69.1 million), China ($64.81 million), South Korea ($41.61 million), and United Arab Emirates ($13.87 million).
As of the second quarter of this year, Davao Region registered total exports of P29.34 billion, an increase of 26 percent as compared to the same period last year with P23.25 billion.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-02-21 "Of all the fruits that are exported to Europe, bananas continue to be the most consumed"
- 2020-02-21 Europe ratifies that it won't lower the import tariff for third-country bananas
- 2020-02-20 Rising prices for bananas
- 2020-02-20 Panama is home to the world's largest fried plantain
- 2020-02-20 Researchers study the impact of desalinated water on the cultivation of Canarian bananas
- 2020-02-20 China: Price of bananas is coming down
- 2020-02-19 Chinese not too enthusiastic for Panama-resistant banana
- 2020-02-19 Which stage of a banana's ripening is best?
- 2020-02-18 Costa Rica exported 120 million boxes of bananas in 2019
- 2020-02-18 Cambodian banana exports solid but mangoes struggling due to effects Corvid-19
- 2020-02-17 Fusarium experts from Taiwan visit Honduras
- 2020-02-14 Transport cost of Chinese bananas "unusually" high
- 2020-02-14 Banana crops in La Palma need four times as much irrigation water as avocados
- 2020-02-13 Banana industry Philippines seeks government assistance amid Covid-19 scare
- 2020-02-13 Banana prices sharply decline in Uzbek markets due to coronavirus
- 2020-02-13 Mexico continues to export bananas to China
- 2020-02-13 Colombia's banana sector will have a new biosafety laboratory
- 2020-02-12 Biosecurity Queensland takes to the sky against Panama TR4
- 2020-02-12 Banana prices stable with slight increases in China
- 2020-02-11 Cirad launches alliance to address threats to global banana production