- Business Development Manager - Italy
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Key accounter - BNL, Germany, France, UK
- General Manager | Fresh Produce | Holland
- Blueberry Farm Manager - Abbotsleigh, Australia
- Greenhouse Technician UNH, Durham, NH, USA
- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Senior Grower - Two Wells, Australia
- Field Service Technicians - Chile, South Africa, UK, USA, and New Zealand
- Operations Manager young plant production farm - East Africa
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Filipino banana exports up in Q2
Data from PSA-Davao also showed a 531.87 percent increase in gross weight of bananas exported. The volume exported increased to 5.36 billion kilos as of the second quarter of this year from 849.22 million kilos in the same period last year.
"The increase in the value of exports in the second quarter of 2014 as compared to 2013 is a combination in the increase in volume of bananas and increase in the buying price," Remegio Garcia, chair of the Mindanao Banana Farmers and Exporters Association (MBFEA), said in an interview with Sun.Star Davao on Friday.
He said the volume was brought about by the recovery of some areas that were hit by Typhoon Pablo in 2012 and are now producing bananas.
Garcia said the increase in the buying price from January to June this year was higher at an average of $6 per box as compared to the average price in 2013 of $4.50 per box. He said the prices this year also reached double digits.
Japan has remained the top export market for bananas at $108.35 million, followed by New Zealand ($69.1 million), China ($64.81 million), South Korea ($41.61 million), and United Arab Emirates ($13.87 million).
As of the second quarter of this year, Davao Region registered total exports of P29.34 billion, an increase of 26 percent as compared to the same period last year with P23.25 billion.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-06-26 Publication of the call for aid for the transport of Canary bananas
- 2019-06-26 Saint Lucia: Trial shipment of bananas to French market
- 2019-06-25 EU fails to implement stabilization agreement on banana imports from Nicaragua
- 2019-06-25 Prices of bananas from various production areas remain stable
- 2019-06-25 The history of New York City's banana docks
- 2019-06-25 China: Consumers buying more bananas from abroad than ever before
- 2019-06-24 Climate change might bring bananas to New Zealand
- 2019-06-21 Kenyan farmers to benefit from banana project
- 2019-06-20 Sumifru Philippines Corp under fire over labor dispute
- 2019-06-20 Cameroon’s banana exports still declining
- 2019-06-19 Thailand: Outbreak of 'Panama disease' reported
- 2019-06-19 Banana, the leading crop in Uraba, Colombia
- 2019-06-19 Peruvian organic banana exports are expected to grow by 5%
- 2019-06-18 Saint Lucia banana farmers encouraged to maintain consistent exports
- 2019-06-17 Banana farming creates jobs for 60,000 Nepalese
- 2019-06-17 Peru: Cold chamber for organic bananas inaugurated in Piura
- 2019-06-13 Colombia: "The cultivation of bananas generates 50,000 jobs in the region"
- 2019-06-13 Peru's banana exports in 2019 amount to 53 million dollars
- 2019-06-12 Ecuador needs to urgently renew its plantain plantations
- 2019-06-12 Significant increase in the price of bananas in Michoacan, Mexico