- Tomato Breeder (H/F)
- Junior / Senior Export Manager
- Assistant Cultivation Manager - Capitol Heights (MD) USA
- Greenhouse Investment Analyst - Portland (OR) USA
- Market Manager - Horticulture, USA
- Procurement and Marketing Manager - Kenya
- Head Grower - Bahrain
- Quality Assurance Manager - (Victoria, NSW or Tasmania) Australia
- (Assistant) Manager
- Senior Commodities Trader | Pulses | Ukraine
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Total Exotics launches new consumer-focused packaging
The initiative also aims to help consumers understand what they can do with the product. Rients says that “many exotic products are still unknown and our new packaging will inform consumers how they can prepare or cook these exciting products.”
On the one hand, the new design provides a new, more authentic look to the company’s products, and on the other, it aims to create concepts, for instance, by combining vegetables with certain herbs and including a recipe. “For mango and avocado, for example, you have full descriptions on how to cut them and tips on how to use them,” affirms Rients.
Furthermore, the packaging allows for maximum shelf life for both vegetables and ready-to-eat products. “The idea is to provide consumers with products they can instantly and easily consume, and that is where we add value.”
The format is already available in Dutch and Danish retailers, where sales are going well, and the new boxes will be introduced in the coming weeks. “Introducing easy combination packs and even creating baskets with a selection of exotics is a great way to promote the product.”
“We hope that, by launching them in December we can make it a success for Christmas and on-going months. We believe that there is still much ground to cover to increase consumption,” states Rients.
Total Exotics offers the products with its own brand, but it also allows for them to be marketed under private labels, including all the information on how to use and consume them.
For more information:
Total Produce Direct B.V.
2988 DC Ridderkerk
Tel. +31(0)180 644040
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-07-23 Biodegradable and compostable packaging for organic grapes will soon be launched
- 2020-07-21 Developments in the sustainable packaging industry
- 2020-07-21 Fresh Del Monte to use stickers highlighting its sustainability efforts
- 2020-07-17 "Our compostable nets made of local beech wood are the packaging of the future"
- 2020-07-14 North Bay Produce introduces new fresh produce packaging
- 2020-07-08 NEW: One Machine – Multiple Band Widths
- 2020-07-08 Plastic waste soars in Scotland amidst fears for unpackaged food
- 2020-07-07 "Our label uses only oxygen and light to sterilize the handles of shopping carts"
- 2020-07-07 eCorrugated partners up with De Jong Packaging
- 2020-07-06 Sealable, recyclable, repulpable specialty papers
- 2020-07-06 Waste reduction and process optimization by labeling fruit and vegetables individually
- 2020-07-03 Innovative solution to the problem of 'sweaty kiwifruit'
- 2020-07-01 Making banana leaf packaging and pineapple powder
- 2020-07-01 Closer customer relationships, but shipping remains a challenge
- 2020-07-01 New tray positioning system launched
- 2020-07-01 Zippmatic innovates packaging
- 2020-07-01 New plastic-free packaging for salads developed
- 2020-06-30 “We bring sustainable European packaging trends to North America”
- 2020-06-26 "Printing any label volumes"
- 2020-06-25 Packaging trends prior to, during, and after the pandemic