- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
- Medewerker productmanagement support - Bleiswijk
- Head grower & Indoor farming-/hydroponic specialist - Küssnacht am Rigi, Switzerland
- Technical Director - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Onderzoekassistent Fenotyperen - Bleiswijk
- Horticultural Soil Sales Representative - USA
- Turnkey Vegetable Greenhouse Sales Representative - USA
- Sales Administrator - Europe Division
- Junior Sales Manager - Europe Division
- Head Grower - Avoine, France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- South Africa issues notice of termination of some citrus exports to the EU
- Ozone brings MRLs of fungicides and pesticides down within limits
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL POMEGRANATE MARKET
- "Disappointing period for mandarins recently, no stocks of oranges"
- “North American blueberry industry needs to innovate to become competitive”
Ecuador's Tankay scoops GLOBAL G.A.P award
The GLOBALG.A.P. Summit took place in Abu Dhabi for the first time recently, under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs of the UAE. The event gathered the world's leading decision makers, food safety experts and professionals from all sectors of the food service industry as they discussed the latest developments in Good Agriculture and Aquaculture Practices.
Tankay is the first company in the world that has been duly certified to produce and process Physalis on a large scale, with exports of the fruit reaching as far as France, Holland, Spain, Germany and Canada. With plans of bringing its products into the region and expanding its reach, Tankay is in the process of exploring opportunities to use Dubai as the trading and re-export hub for the rest of the GCC markets.
Commenting on winning the award, Hussam Hassan, Head of the Ecuadorian Commercial Office in Dubai said: "We congratulate Tankay on winning the prestigious GLOBALG.A.P. award. As the Trade and Investment promotion organisation of Ecuador, our aim is to help the Ecuadorian companies to meet its goals of exploring and exporting their high quality products to the world and specially to new emerging markets. Another Ecuadorian product entry into the UAE market will also increase the awareness of our high quality products and strengthen the trade between the UAE and Ecuador."
The CEO of Tankay, Dennis Brito Madrid said: "Due to the strong competition in the global food market, we must encourage even more people to produce and develop non-traditional products that offer quality and added value. Winning the GLOBALG.A.P. award gives us a greater challenge to continue our superior quality of golden berry production known as Physalis. Our key aim is to introduce our product to the UAE market where we see a huge potential. With the help of the Trade and Investment promotion organisation of Ecuador, we are confident that we will be able to reach out to UAE citizens and residents in the near future, as well as to the rest of the GCC."
Tankay also strongly encourages the empowerment of women who work in their farms and production factories. This is in addition to the promotion of wellbeing as well as environmental responsibility and sustainability in their fruit production.
For more information:
Tel: +971 55 7279900
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-09-18 Fall sweepstakes that make going back to school more fun this year
- 2020-09-18 Bobalu Berries adds Jonathan Sparks to the team
- 2020-09-18 Oppy focuses on expanding procurement and exports with two key promotions
- 2020-09-18 Mike Ecker announced as winner of 2020 CPMA lifetime achievement award
- 2020-09-18 Grand Opening of WellFruit “Signature” Store in Pudong, Shanghai
- 2020-09-18 Berlin-based company wants to establish global vertical farming network
- 2020-09-18 "As a regionally cultivated exotic, our Franconian ginger is really trendy"
- 2020-09-18 "Corona has hit high frequency locations particularly hard"
- 2020-09-17 Okanagan Specialty Fruits appoints new director of sales
- 2020-09-17 Greenyard returns to profitable growth and raises adjusted EBITDA guidance
- 2020-09-16 2020 Frieda Rapoport Caplan family business scholarship recipients
- 2020-09-16 Josephine Coombe appointed to the Board of European Co-Packers Association
- 2020-09-16 Foodiverse will replace Grupo Alimentario Citrus (GAC) as corporate brand
- 2020-09-16 First Spanish horticultural plant certified against COVID-19
- 2020-09-16 With the right tools, it is possible to grow produce all over the world
- 2020-09-16 Olympic Fruit fire hits office, operational area spared
- 2020-09-15 Mastronardi Produce certifies fifth operation through Equitable Food Initiative
- 2020-09-15 Hortifrut inaugurates Chile's first floating photovoltaic plant
- 2020-09-15 Everli partners with Kaufland in Poland
- 2020-09-15 Alain Betancourt appointed new commercial director of Patatas Meléndez