- Sales Representatives - Southern USA
- Lead Grower - Stevensburg (VA) USA
- Assistant Crop Manager - Tasmania
- Post-Harvest Quality Manager - Europe
- Farm Operator - Kearny (NJ) USA
- Cultivation Manager - MI, USA
- Export Sales Manager (Europe Division)
- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager
- Grower (TX)
- Young Plant Program Manager (WA)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- The man connecting Zimbabwe's resurgent horticulturalists with the export market
- Bangladesh grows world’s most expensive mango
- South African blueberries: “We've seen firsthand we do much better when we do it ourselves”
- “Chikoo is an ideal fruit for export to European countries”
- Broccoli declared America's favorite vegetable in 2021
Backyard Farms® tomatoes considered ‘Best’ by Whole Foods
The Whole Foods Market Responsibly Grown program was developed to reward farmers who work hard to protect human health and the environment, prohibit the use of the most harmful chemicals while measuring and reducing others, and provide consumers with an at-a-glance rating for sustainable farming practices. The program is in direct response to issues facing the agricultural industry including the widespread use of pesticides, the accessibility of fresh water, the loss of farmable land due to erosion and other degradation, greenhouse gas emissions and the decline of bee and butterfly pollinator populations.
“We are thrilled to receive a ‘Best’ rating from Whole Foods Market,” said Stuart Jablon, president and COO of Backyard Farms. “We share many of the same corporate values, of which several are recognized with this rating, and Whole Foods Market is an outstanding partner to work with both in general and as part of this rating process. It is a strong statement that a grower of our size was able to work with Whole Foods Market in a meaningful and thoughtful manner. Whole Foods Market set very high standards as part of this program and we appreciate that they were able to recognize and understand all of the hard work our employees put in to make these standards a reality for Backyard Farms customers.”
Backyard Farms earned the highest rating of “Best” by meeting or exceeding several criteria including 16 farming practices to protect air, soil, water and human health; no use of Whole Foods Market prohibited pesticides; water and energy conservation; advanced soil health; protection of rivers, lakes and oceans; farmworker health and safety; protection of bees and butterflies; and industry leadership on pest management and environmental protection. The designation follows Whole Foods Market recently having named Backyard Farms its North Atlantic Region Produce Supplier of the Year.
Responsibly Grown ratings include “Good,” “Better” and “Best.” Backyard Farms was selected to participate in the Responsibly Grown pilot program last year and was one of the first growers to receive the “Best” rating nationally. Backyard Farms tomato varieties include Tomatoes on the Vine, Cocktail Tomatoes, Beefsteaks and its newest offering, Somerset Pinks.
For more information and store locations, visit www.backyardfarms.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-06-23 Fresh Innovations California hires new SVP sales & marketing
- 2021-06-23 Shenandoah Growers names Dr. Tessa Pocock as Chief Science Officer
- 2021-06-23 Stronger sales increase Del Monte FY2021 income by 33%
- 2021-06-23 Grupo IFA’s achieves turnover in excess of 32,000 million euros in the South of Europe
- 2021-06-23 “While we thought 2020 was a difficult year, 2021 is shaping up to be even more of a challenge"
- 2021-06-23 Afrucat offers itself to become "Next Agent" of the Next Generation funds for the fruit sector
- 2021-06-22 Tech startup Superplum raises pre-Series A round from marquee investors
- 2021-06-22 PlantTape announces promotions
- 2021-06-22 Copal will be integrated into Green Fruits, Anecoop's main citrus partner
- 2021-06-22 First horticultural seeds from BASF's advanced center in Ethiopia hit the market
- 2021-06-22 Huub Levarht (76) dies in the Netherlands
- 2021-06-22 Chunbo signs strategic cooperation agreement with New Zealand Trade Development Office
- 2021-06-22 Italian growers' organization launch new line
- 2021-06-22 Costa announces appointment of Non-Executtive director
- 2021-06-22 Bioline Iberia and Única Group demonstrate auxiliary insects and experimental farm in Coexphal's IPMWorks project
- 2021-06-21 Dutch importer moves, introduces new packaging line
- 2021-06-21 Dutch flower wholesaler MD takes on new challenge
- 2021-06-21 More Dutch-corrugated cardboard products: "Soon, no need to turn customers away anymore"
- 2021-06-21 FruitHydroSinni has a great project for the United Arab Emirates
- 2021-06-18 Mission's Steven Barnard finalist in EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2021