- Agronomist & Supply Coordinator - EMEA territory
- Grower - Tasmania (berries) - Australia
- Category Manager - Sydney Markets, Australia
- Independent Sales & Business Development Representative, USA
- Experienced Tomato Grower, North America
- Breeder - Xiamen, China
- Senior Scientist, Plant Imaging - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Scientist, Plant Substrates and Nutrition - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Logistics Coordinator
- Head of Delivery and Support - Bristol, UK
Top 5 -yesterday
- First California cherries harvested this week
- New Zealand's only zero carbon bananas
- South African ozone sterilisation technology “hasn't been a hard sell”, says chief technology officer
- Canadians and their food: money, anxiety and climate change
- Two mangoes fetch 200,000 yen in season’s first auction
Top 5 -last week
- Crowd investment campaign for hydroponic greenhouse kits
- Fresh marketer connects Namibia and South Africa
- Off-season for Kenyan avocados will raise prices for fruit and avocado oil
- Statement from AgroFair about banana disease discovery in Peru (Foc TR4)
- Polish apple trees hardly affected by recent frost
Top 5 -last month
China: Good colour and big sizes for new season Fuji
"Sizes are larger this year, especially in the Yantai growing region. Yields are down 20% but prices are 40%. The quality of the Fuji apples is much better though, the colour is very good, with a much redder apple being produced, this due to a later harvest than last year."
More apples are in storage as growers expect a higher price in the first half of 2015. Demand for apples fell in October and not expected to be picked for a few months.
Zhu said that due to the lower yields growers will still turn a profit
Tel: +86 532 8372 2961 +86 532 8372 2961
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-04-19 First California cherries harvested this week
- 2021-04-19 Chilean table grape exports decreased by 21% in the first quarter of the year
- 2021-04-19 First Rockit apples this year arrive at Beijing Xinfadi Market
- 2021-04-19 'South Okanagan cherry growers will cope with the early frost damage'
- 2021-04-19 "New varieties will significantly extend Egyptian grape season"
- 2021-04-19 "Strawberry market waiting for warmer and sunnier weather"
- 2021-04-19 Hungary: Fruit trees in the grip of frost
- 2021-04-19 "Premium Chinese products emerge, but domestic market lacks strong brands"
- 2021-04-19 April temperatures causing problems for Michigan fruit growers
- 2021-04-19 France: up to 95% of losses for apple growers in the Cher
- 2021-04-19 Kashmir apple growers worried as scab is noticed on trees
- 2021-04-19 How to improve the accumulation of cold hours in cherry trees
- 2021-04-19 'Blueberry-52': a unique berry project has started in Ukraine
- 2021-04-16 ‘Portuguese strawberry market is rough’
- 2021-04-16 Dazzle apples celebrate big launch in China
- 2021-04-16 “We always want to be close to the grower”
- 2021-04-16 Malaysian farmers attempt to grow prized Japanese muskmelons
- 2021-04-16 Croatian fruit growers fear damages due to morning frosts
- 2021-04-16 "Demand is currently still very restrained"
- 2021-04-16 Panama's watermelon exports increased by more than 12% in the first two months of 2021