- Business Development Manager - Italy
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Key accounter - BNL, Germany, France, UK
- General Manager | Fresh Produce | Holland
- Blueberry Farm Manager - Abbotsleigh, Australia
- Greenhouse Technician UNH, Durham, NH, USA
- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Senior Grower - Two Wells, Australia
- Field Service Technicians - Chile, South Africa, UK, USA, and New Zealand
- Operations Manager young plant production farm - East Africa
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Ukraine increased imports of stonefruit
According to statistics, Ukraine imported 14 thousand MT of stonefruit in August, and 45 thousand MT in the period from June to August, which is also 30% more than last summer.
The main suppliers of stonefruit into Ukraine are countries of the European Union (almost 90% of the supply). In comparison with the same period last year, the EU countries have increased their exports into the Ukrainian market of stonefruit by 50%.
As it has been previously reported by the project “APK-Inform: Vegetables and Fruit”, the increase of imports of stonefruit into Ukraine this year is the result of significant reduction in the production of the fruit in the country caused by the spring frosts. According to the project, the crop losses of peach and cherry plum in many southern regions and the Crimea reached 100%. Cherry orchards of the South lost up to 50% of the crop, plum orchards - about 30%.
Moreover, it should be noted that due to the decline in the production of stonefruit, Ukraine has significantly reduced its participation in the Russian market: the export of these products to Russia (traditionally the key market) in summer 2014 saw a threefold decrease compared to summer 2013.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-06-25 Queensland researchers come up with non-invasive fruit ripeness measurement
- 2019-06-21 China: Nanning-based company interested in importing Myanmar fruit
- 2019-06-20 The EU imports less Ecuadorian produce
- 2019-06-20 New findings of Rhizopus oryzae as causal agent of soft rot on apple
- 2019-06-19 China lowest apple volumes in 9 years
- 2019-06-18 25% drop in acreage devoted to summer fruits in Spanish province of Castellon
- 2019-06-18 Spain: New range of flat white nectarines
- 2019-06-17 Hema import Uzbeki cherries for the first time to Chinese market
- 2019-06-17 Japan to up efforts to prevent fruit variety outflows
- 2019-06-17 South Africa to increase export of fruit to Russia
- 2019-06-12 75% of fruit from the Spanish region of Extremadura is exported
- 2019-06-12 Fruit production triples in 13 years in Indian state of Haryana
- 2019-06-11 Chinese complain as fruit prices reach five-year high
- 2019-06-11 World Markets and Trade numbers for fresh apples, grapes and pears
- 2019-06-06 Chinese Ministry of Commerce: Fruit prices expected to drop
- 2019-06-05 Central China province starts direct imports of fruit
- 2019-06-05 Texas fruit season looks above average for producers
- 2019-06-04 Do US cherries lose competitive edge in China?
- 2019-06-03 China: Consumers see fruit prices soar because of weather and trade war
- 2019-06-03 UK farmers look at prisoners as work force