- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
- General Manager - Farming / QLD, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Want to grow your business?
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "We are the first organic citrus company to pack 100% without plastic"
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Biggest problem facing avocado sector in coming years will be supply, not demand
- Trellising in avocado orchards is “pushing the boundaries of production"
- The avocado industry has been going through a "golden era"
African CEO's to join Initiative for Global Development (IGD) board
"IGD's Board is thrilled to welcome these five extraordinary business leaders who are African pioneers, with extensive experience growing businesses and leading impactful investments throughout the continent," said Dr. Mima S. Nedelcovych, IGD President and CEO. The five new Board Members are: Andrew Alli, Mathews Chikaonda, Morgan Nzwere, Miriem Bensalah-Chaqroun, and Jean-Louis Ekra. The new IGD Directors come from diverse backgrounds and a range of sectors, encompassing agro-industry, power, infrastructure, ICT, financial services, and more.
Collectively, the five new Board Directors represent the voices of the new dynamic Africa. Since becoming IGD's President & CEO, Dr. Nedelcovych has strived to build on a powerful high-level network of Frontier 100 Leaders that represent the best of class of African businesses. The appointment of these five new African Directors to the Board of IGD amplifies that vision. All of the new IGD Directors are also members of the IGD's Frontier 100 Leaders Network of CEOs and senior executives of sector-leading companies that are driving poverty reduction through strategic investments in Africa. "It is an honour for me to join the Board of Directors of IGD. The role of IGD in Africa is very important and I will work with IGD's leadership as well as other CEOs and business leaders to realize the organization's vision of building a world where business uses its potential as a powerful force for poverty reduction," Dr. Mathews Chikaonda said.
The new Directors will join IGD's Chairman of the Board, Robert Mosbacher Jr., at the IGD Frontier 100 Investor Forum in New York City, October 21-22, with the theme "Africa: Innovative Investing in Emerging Markets."
For more information:
Initiative for Global Development (IGD)
Tel: +1 202.454.3960
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-10-18 Calmich Produce in attendance at Fresh Summit 2019
- 2019-10-18 Primeur's Fruit Attraction exhibition edition
- 2019-10-18 Farm Pak celebrates 'golden' anniversary
- 2019-10-18 Western Growers Board selects Dave Puglia as next president and CEO
- 2019-10-18 “The organic, no-residue trend and the lack of solutions have increased the demand for our products”
- 2019-10-18 Bremen's wholesale market focuses on convenience and comprehensive service
- 2019-10-18 IMG Citrus celebrates 40th anniversary in Florida citrus industry
- 2019-10-18 Organto announces record third quarter revenues
- 2019-10-18 Lamb Weston forms new joint venture in Argentina to serve South American market
- 2019-10-17 Team additions enhance account service capabilities at Moxxy Marketing
- 2019-10-17 New partnership hopes to inspire recycling
- 2019-10-17 RFG promotes Raina Nelson and hires Mark Lodge for Executive VP roles
- 2019-10-17 “We still have a 6-month leeway with Brexit”
- 2019-10-16 Driscoll’s joins Ceres-WWF AgWater Challenge
- 2019-10-16 Duda Farm Fresh Foods announces Oxnard facility expansion
- 2019-10-16 Sarnia Produce expanding to meet healthy eating demand
- 2019-10-16 McCain Foods USA celebrates official start of major expansion in Othello, Washington
- 2019-10-16 Alibaba Chairman Daniel Zhang focuses on his successes
- 2019-10-16 Sofruce-Maria partners with the Moroccan association GIE Ajida
- 2019-10-16 Dynasty Farms joins iTradeNetwork food blockchain