- Head Grower - USA
- Operations manager - Berlin area, Germany
- Sales Manager
- Bedrijfsleider locatie Portugal
- Key Account Manager Horticulture - Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Commercial Manager | Cut Flowers | Kenya
- General Manager (Horticulture Farm) | Kenya
- Floral Designer - Floral Direct. Carle Place, NY (Long Island, USA)
- Tomato Breeder (H/F)
- Junior / Senior Export Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Raising awareness and money for Breast Cancer Research
Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation joins forces with 'Bake It Happen'
The foundation debuted in the fall of 2012 with pink pumpkin growers across the country offering these unique pink pumpkins to their customers. In 2013, FFA and 4H chapters throughout the nation were offered free seed from Porcelain Doll seed distributor Seedway, as a way for students to meet their Supervised Agricultural Experience (SAE) requirement and as a way for them to contribute to breast cancer research as they planted, harvested and sold their crops.
This year the foundation has garnered new energy by partnering with Bake It Happen. The campaign is unique in that the request for its participants is reasonable; no one is asked to personally solicit for money, to run in a race, or climb a mountain. It’s really quite simple, fun and anyone can participate: just bake and share a baked item with the people in your lives throughout the month of October.
Starting September 26th, participants will be encouraged to go to the Bake it Happen website to get access to recipes from Judy-- the mother of the two-sister team behind the Bake It Happen campaign who died of breast cancer. She is also the inspiration to the popular food blog My Judy the Foodie.
Throughout the month of October, participants are encouraged to bake the recipes and share them with anyone in their lives. Every time a recipe is baked/shared, participants take a photo and either upload it to Facebook (or social media of their choice) or email it with the hashtag #bakeithappen. Each time a picture is taken and shared, an anonymous donor will donate money to the Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation, through Bake It Happen.
“When the Bake It Happen team approached the foundation with this creative opportunity, we were honoured to be the recipient of their efforts,” said Carol Holsopple-Froese, president of the Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation. “As a breast cancer survivor myself, I am touched by this beautiful tribute to their mother which will help us make an impact in breast cancer research.”
While the multitude of campaigns throughout October won’t bring back those lives lost, they help bring awareness and funds to breast cancer research.
“Although it won’t bring our mother back, my sister and I have found a small bit of comfort in creating a program that not only raises awareness but also directs funds to support research for this insidious disease, said Shari Brooks and Stacy Pagan, the sisters behind Bake It Happen. “We are thrilled to be able to contribute to the Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation through our campaign efforts knowing that 100% of the money raised will be ear-marked for breast cancer research.”
For additional information about the Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation and its pumpkins, please visit our website at www.PinkPumpkinPatch.org. For additional information on Bake It Happen, please visit www.bakeithappen.net.
For more information:
Golden Sun Marketing
Tel: +1 813.254.0769
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-08-12 Avocados From Mexico included in Best Workplaces for Innovators list
- 2020-08-12 United Fresh to host retail-foodservice partner X-Change on United Fresh LIVE! 365
- 2020-08-12 Good Foods named Food Processing's 2020 "R&D Team of the Year"
- 2020-08-12 Industry veterans reimagine the procurement experience
- 2020-08-12 Strategic partnerships add 4 million boxes of fruit to CMI’s manifest
- 2020-08-12 AgroFresh Solutions reports results for second Quarter and First Half of 2020
- 2020-08-12 McCain Foods completed construction of $37 million plant upgrade
- 2020-08-12 HHLA significantly affected by the coronavirus pandemic
- 2020-08-11 Elevate and NSF International to offer EFI certification auditing
- 2020-08-11 Renaissance Food Group welcomes Edward Redd and Kate Brooks to sales team
- 2020-08-11 Sun Belle announces new green initiative at Jessup, Maryland distribution center
- 2020-08-10 Florida Classic Growers welcomes Derek Rodgers to their team
- 2020-08-10 Braga Fresh hires Colby Pereira as Vice President of Operations
- 2020-08-10 The Wonderful Company establishes $1 million COVID-19 relief fund for CA Central Valley
- 2020-08-10 California Giant goes Gold with zero waste certification
- 2020-08-10 Aldi South Group first discount retailer to join the Sustainable Nut Initiative (SNI)
- 2020-08-10 "It’s a tough environment and its been a very challenging start to the year"
- 2020-08-10 'Renewal is in our DNA'
- 2020-08-10 End-of-season assessment for Citrosol
- 2020-08-10 Lockdowns and global disruptions lead to lower sales for Fresh Del Monte Produce