- Stress resistant and an out going person
- Looking for reinforcement?
- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
- Innovation Director - De Lier, Netherlands
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Account Manager Fleuristes France - Hollande du Nord
- Account Manager Benelux Team - Midden-Nederland
- Assistant Breeder - Moerstraten, Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
India: Pomegranate arils moving into new markets
"We currently offer multiple packs. 125g punnets for the retail sector, 750g punnets for the hospitality and catering sector and bulk packs of more than 5kg for processors/juicing," explains Khivasara.
In India, the pomegranate harvest runs through the year, and for INI Farms the harvest for the European markets starts in November in the western and central parts of India.
"We have grown around 500 MT this year. The volumes are increasing as more of our farms come into production and we expect 1000 MT next year," said Khivasara.
This year the unseasonal hail storms and rains in India in the months of January and February led to significant crop loss in some belts of the producing region. INI Farm's shipment volumes to Europe were slightly affected by this.
Traditionally INI Farm's main markets have been Europe and the Middle East. However, they have now started shipping to Russia, Canada and South East Asia as well. "We will ship more volumes to these markets as our production ramps up, concludes Khivasara.
For more information:
Tel: +91 22 42600700
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-09-16 Trial shipment of Costa Rican pineapples to China starts on 23 September
- 2019-09-16 Colombia wants to export mangoes, pitayas & bell peppers to US
- 2019-09-16 Dubai airport worker could go to jail for stealing two mangoes
- 2019-09-16 Victoria Beckham eats four avocados a day
- 2019-09-13 Fire crystal persimmons popular with consumers in China
- 2019-09-13 Mexican mangoes from Sonora have good performance and quality
- 2019-09-13 Ghana estimates: $2.8bn revenue from coconut industry
- 2019-09-13 Giant avocados are coming to Ireland
- 2019-09-12 Persimmon volumes drop by 30% compared to last year
- 2019-09-12 "Spain must conform to the Asian criteria"
- 2019-09-12 Proposal to request a PGI for Andalusian subtropical crops
- 2019-09-12 US mango imports show a steady increase year over year
- 2019-09-11 Two men fined $10,000 each for stealing avocados
- 2019-09-11 Malaysia's largest solar farm opens in Kedah
- 2019-09-11 Mangosteen from Thailand clears Taiwan import hurdles
- 2019-09-11 More Chilean Hass avocados reaching EU
- 2019-09-11 Cambodian Ministry: Mangoes next in line for China export
- 2019-09-10 "Fresh and pre-cut durian enjoys a steadily growing demand"
- 2019-09-10 Turks help Guinean farmers boost pineapple production
- 2019-09-10 Indonesia: Fruit irradiation for shelf life extension