- Sales Coordination Manager - Geeste, Emsland, Germany
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Head Grower/Agronomist - Cambridge, New Zealand
- Research Greenhouse Manager - Durham (New Hampshire) USA
- Customer Account Manager - New Milton, UK
- Head of Sales, Europe
- Innovation Leader - Crop Trials in Bologna, Italy
- Sales consultant for nursery and horticultural products - Australia
- Business Developer Soft Fruit
- Head Grower - Cathedral City, California USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
India: Pomegranate arils moving into new markets
"We currently offer multiple packs. 125g punnets for the retail sector, 750g punnets for the hospitality and catering sector and bulk packs of more than 5kg for processors/juicing," explains Khivasara.
In India, the pomegranate harvest runs through the year, and for INI Farms the harvest for the European markets starts in November in the western and central parts of India.
"We have grown around 500 MT this year. The volumes are increasing as more of our farms come into production and we expect 1000 MT next year," said Khivasara.
This year the unseasonal hail storms and rains in India in the months of January and February led to significant crop loss in some belts of the producing region. INI Farm's shipment volumes to Europe were slightly affected by this.
Traditionally INI Farm's main markets have been Europe and the Middle East. However, they have now started shipping to Russia, Canada and South East Asia as well. "We will ship more volumes to these markets as our production ramps up, concludes Khivasara.
For more information:
Tel: +91 22 42600700
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-03-22 Kenya: Kirinyaga farmers form society to market avocados
- 2019-03-22 "Tainung mangoes dominate Beijing market"
- 2019-03-22 New Zealand North Island avocado scheme going for growth
- 2019-03-21 The continuance of kiwifruit’s golden run
- 2019-03-21 Cameroon: the pineapple industry affected by the yellow vests movement
- 2019-03-21 Stem cell science to speed avocado tree growth
- 2019-03-20 Ecuador: Pitahaya exporters eyeing Brazil, Peru and China
- 2019-03-20 Dominican Republic: Monte Plata will export 180,000 pineapples a week to Europe
- 2019-03-20 Malaysian firm Newleaf to tap into huge durian demand in China
- 2019-03-20 Malaysia: PLS Plantations shareholders approve diversification into durians
- 2019-03-19 Myanmar: Avocado prices hampered by poor harvesting techniques
- 2019-03-19 Xuwen pineapple promotion comes to Shanghai
- 2019-03-19 Chinese mango production declined in 2019 and quality is uneven, what will happen to the price?
- 2019-03-19 Taiwan: Pineapple price struggles
- 2019-03-19 Mango industry discovers highly infectious bacteria as cause of RCD
- 2019-03-19 Saint Lucia breadfruit very much in demand
- 2019-03-18 Durians: Pungent ‘J-Queen’ sells for US$1,000 in Indonesia
- 2019-03-18 Pineapple: small offer and rising prices
- 2019-03-18 Kenya eyes China for avocado exports
- 2019-03-18 New Zealand’s Nelson family business: Feijoas year-round.