- Construction Project Manager - Tri-State (CT, NY, NJ) USA
- Private Equity Associate - San Francisco (CA) USA
- Quality Manager
- Sales Manager Europe
- Agronomist & Supply Coordinator - EMEA territory
- Grower - Tasmania (berries) - Australia
- Category Manager - Sydney Markets, Australia
- Independent Sales & Business Development Representative, USA
- Experienced Tomato Grower, North America
- Breeder - Xiamen, China
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Crowd investment campaign for hydroponic greenhouse kits
- Fresh marketer connects Namibia and South Africa
- Off-season for Kenyan avocados will raise prices for fruit and avocado oil
- Statement from AgroFair about banana disease discovery in Peru (Foc TR4)
- Polish apple trees hardly affected by recent frost
Top 5 -last month
By Dr. Nadav Nitzan
Inspection proves success of Xtend® packed produce
In December 2013, we visited Holland and inspected sea freight arrivals of Xtend® packaged fruits and vegetables. Galia melons arriving in StePac's new laser perforated Xtend® liners had excellent flavour, superb rind and seed cavity form and a vibrant internal colour. Similarly, passion fruits, packed in 2 Kg Xtend® packaging, arrived in excellent shape, retaining their unique taste and aroma.
In this inspection we also examined green onion shipments from Morocco for the first time in three years. As can be seen in the provided images, green onions packed in Xtend® retained their freshness and rich green colour without telescopic growth, curving, root regrowth or decay.
StePac believes that outcome of this inspection highlights the superior MAP performance that the Xtend® product-line provides their customers.
Please visit www.stepac.com for more information.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-04-20 Three out of four consumers willing to pay more for eco-friendly packaging
- 2021-04-16 Who is the winner of this year's CPMA Packaging Innovation Award?
- 2021-04-16 First fully biodegradable and plant-based potato packaging format launched in Spain
- 2021-04-16 Plastics bags made from mushroom waste
- 2021-04-16 Recognisable own vegetable brands ensure growth in more than just peppers
- 2021-04-16 New sustainable packaging will extend guacamole’s shelf life by 15%
- 2021-04-15 Sorma USA to buy former Jostens plant
- 2021-04-15 "Protecting vegetables and marketing them successfully at the same time"
- 2021-04-15 "Consumer demands for plastic reduction have grown over the years"
- 2021-04-14 Packaging Matters and Origin Materials announce partnership
- 2021-04-14 Packing urban cultivated leafy greens with Schur®StarLight
- 2021-04-13 Iceland is first UK supermarket to launch plastic-free Pink Lady packaging
- 2021-04-12 Armando introduces new range of plum tomato products
- 2021-04-09 Bio vegetable packaging made with plastic recovered from the sea
- 2021-04-09 Rigid crate or folding crate?
- 2021-04-08 Zero plastic for Solarenn and partners DS Smith & ETpack
- 2021-04-07 Chinese company Logfresh develops innovative solution to keep agricultural produce fresh
- 2021-04-07 Driscoll’s prioritizes sustainable packaging solutions for fresh berries
- 2021-04-06 Grower unveils new design for Vidalia onion packaging
- 2021-04-06 UBC researchers developing blueberry-infused food wrap