- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
- Chief agronomic / Head grower
- Chief Executive Officer
- Greenhouse grower / production manager
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
By Dr. Nadav Nitzan
Inspection proves success of Xtend® packed produce
In December 2013, we visited Holland and inspected sea freight arrivals of Xtend® packaged fruits and vegetables. Galia melons arriving in StePac's new laser perforated Xtend® liners had excellent flavour, superb rind and seed cavity form and a vibrant internal colour. Similarly, passion fruits, packed in 2 Kg Xtend® packaging, arrived in excellent shape, retaining their unique taste and aroma.
In this inspection we also examined green onion shipments from Morocco for the first time in three years. As can be seen in the provided images, green onions packed in Xtend® retained their freshness and rich green colour without telescopic growth, curving, root regrowth or decay.
StePac believes that outcome of this inspection highlights the superior MAP performance that the Xtend® product-line provides their customers.
Please visit www.stepac.com for more information.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-01-15 "Not too colorful; the product must speak for itself"
- 2021-01-14 New plastic-free crate cover
- 2021-01-13 Citrus cartons unveiled for Lunar New Year
- 2021-01-13 APAL Post-harvest Seminar goes online to explore smart packhouse
- 2021-01-12 Bottom of fresh herbs bag becomes growing pot
- 2021-01-11 KM Packaging launches compostable product range
- 2021-01-11 How should fruit be described on packaging labels?
- 2021-01-11 Third packer for cold-hardy citrus
- 2021-01-07 “We decided to stand out with improvements in appearance for our packaging”
- 2021-01-07 Smart big bags measuring temperature
- 2021-01-07 Chinese export of agricultural mesh bags increased during the pandemic
- 2021-01-05 Scotty Brand cuts 27 tons of plastic from its packaging
- 2021-01-05 Azura Group puts 100% CO₂-neutrality on tomato packaging
- 2021-01-05 Canadian apple company introduces biodegradable packaging
- 2021-01-04 "This year will certainly hold one or two more challenges for all of us"
- 2021-01-04 STEPAC Partners with J-Tech in Australia
- 2020-12-24 “More tomatoes being top sealed”
- 2020-12-24 "We are continuing to develop our packaging solutions in the new year with many new ideas and a great passion"
- 2020-12-24 Brazil creates biodegradable packaging for mango exports
- 2020-12-24 How to choose the best packaging for a product?