- IP67 certified digital sliding calliper (total protection from foreign bodies and dust, water-proof for up to 30 minutes and up to 1 metre deep);
- datalogger equipped with 128Kb EEPROM memory that can instantly save measurements. 2x8 letter display, internal rechargeable battery, USB slot to download data on a PC and acoustic signal to indicate that the measured value has been saved correctly.
It is a new technology to promote the monitoring of fruit growth as it simplifies data collection - 15-20 minutes are all it takes to gather enough data to monitor each hectare.
In addition, in speeds up the sampling process to evaluate the growth trend thus increasing productivity and making monitoring much easier.
Possible areas of use
Despite the fact that Calibit was designed to monitor fruit growth, it can also be used in:
- cooperatives and collection warehouses to sample fruit before processing;
- nursery gardeners to verify the diameter of plant structures (striplings, branches, branchlets, trunks);
- mechanical/carpentry workshops;
- the scientific field for research purposes.
Calliper: Mitutoyo Absolute Digimatic 500 series with IP-67 protection grade: 0-150 mm measuring range.
Datalogger: 8 bit (Atmel AVR) microcontroller, 1Mbit EEPROM memory, LCD display, USB/UART slots, watch/calendar, rechargeable lithium battery with integrated safety system and temperature control.
Autonomy: no need to connect to a computer, tablet, PDA or smartphone.
Efficiency: a specific audio signal (beep) indicates that data has been saved correctly.
Organisation: it is possible to create multiple measuring sessions so as to group data and improve management.
Versatility: the LCD display enables to control saved data and to eliminate any mistakes; the USB cable and the software enable to download data in a CSV format.
For further information:
HK - Horticultural Knowledge srl
via Titta Ruffo 7 c/o Studio Medici
Tel.: +39 347 4643264
Web: www.calibit.it / www.hkconsulting.it